403 Forbidden Error Message 7 in 1 Slideshow Advanced Module

bacardi-rum

I just bought and installed Slideshow Advanced 7 in 1. Its a beautiful slider but I cant get it to work.

After installing the module, I got to add images and it throws:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /prestashop/adminXXXX/< on this server. It seems there is something wrong in the module, its trying to access the admin folder directly instead of the url.

This is a paid for module, can someone please help me?

Environment:

Apache on windows: Apache 2

Mysql 5.6

Php 5

Prestashop 1.5.4

Edited by amanhertz (see edit history)

Hi All I just want to give a shoutout to nvedia who helped me to resolve two errors in this module. Turns out that after we solved the forbidden error message, we got an insert operation failed message back from the database. The code was trying to insert a string into an int field. Nvedia figured it out and fixed the code!

• 3 weeks later...

Nvedia,

As you should have understood by now, PrestaShop is an open-source software. Its success lies mainly in the community's implication to publicly solve installation/configuration problems or bugs.

You obviously didn't read the forum rules. Please do urgently (here). If you want to participate to PrestaShop's success (and thus to your own business'), you will have to stop asking members to "ping" you and start helping them right here.

Cheers.

I am sorry but is this not posted in "Paid Modules, Themes, Job Offers, Services"?

Are you asking me to share what the resolution was for this issue(which was issue with the module and not core prestashop) OR not help others who posted here for $?

In any case, do let me know if there is anything wrong going on here and I will correct it

Thanks

Edited by nvedia (see edit history)

I'm saying that if you're a pertinent contributor and community helper, you should identify yourself, maybe give some information in your signature: your experience, how you are related to PrestaShop and why you use it everyday. This is what contributors usually do ;)

Your very young profile looked very much like a fake profile and members reported you, but now I'm happy to read that you're very real :)