Paypal module problem ... Please help :(

Hi Guys

Can anyone help me out at all I have just had my site redone and installed the latest prestashop v 1.5 and when customers try to take payment I get the following.

Error reporting from your PayPalAPI module A client has encountered a problem with the module PayPalAPI, see the report:

The report reads.

PayPal response:TIMESTAMP -> 2013-04-23T03:21:57ZL_ERRORCODE0 -> 10729L_SHORTMESSAGE0 -> Shipping Address State EmptyL_LONGMESSAGE0 -> The field Shipping Address State is requiredL_SEVERITYCODE0 -> Error

Help much appreciated

Mark

I tried to make a purchase on my site and got the following

this is the error on my site after redirect from paypal

[17:43:33] mark byatt: Error occurred:

Please try to contact the merchant:

01.PayPal response:

02.TIMESTAMP -> 2013-04-23T16:42:26Z

03.L_ERRORCODE0 -> 10729

04.L_SHORTMESSAGE0 -> Shipping Address State Empty

05.L_LONGMESSAGE0 -> The field Shipping Address State is required

06.L_SEVERITYCODE0 -> Error

Yes I got that far when I tried as a customer , and even got as far as to pay now , but when I clicked on the paypal button it redirected me to my site and the below message came up.

01.PayPal response:

02.TIMESTAMP -> 2013-04-23T16:42:26Z

03.L_ERRORCODE0 -> 10729

04.L_SHORTMESSAGE0 -> Shipping Address State Empty

05.L_LONGMESSAGE0 -> The field Shipping Address State is required

06.L_SEVERITYCODE0 -> Error

Hi byatt, I is that the last confirmation page? I don't want to confirm it if it works and then you wold need to have to do a Return on PayPal :x

No I have just tried to order as a customer , I get as far as logging into my paypal , it them come up with the normal pay now , but as soon as I go to pay it returns to colourforeyes.com saying the below.

1. PayPal response:
  2. TIMESTAMP -> 2013-04-24T18:00:17Z
  3. L_ERRORCODE0 -> 10729
  4. L_SHORTMESSAGE0 -> Shipping Address State Empty
  5. L_LONGMESSAGE0 -> The field Shipping Address State is required
  6. L_SEVERITYCODE0 -> Error

I then get and email saying below.

Hi mark byatt, Your order with the reference IKIQEVWWA - Payment processing error There is a problem with your payment for Colour for Eyes order with the reference IKIQEVWWA. Please contact us at your earliest convenience. We cannot ship your order until we receive your payment. You can review your order and download your invoice from the "Order history" section of your customer account by clicking "My account" on our shop.

If you have a guest account, you can follow your order via the "Guest Tracking" section on our shop.

I'am in the same boat.

Localization for US installed. Upgraded to 3.4.9 with no effect.

When can we expect a version 4.0.0 of the PP module which will work together with the latest PS version and has the needed bugfixes to the latest issues ?..or even better one version which is downwards compatible with older PS version (I'm still at 1.5.3.1).

I have installed it but after logging into paypal and clicking the pay now button it still redirects to my site still with the below message.

I have also disabled the "3-click checkout experience" but still no joj :(

1. PayPal response:
  2. TIMESTAMP -> 2013-04-25T16:33:45Z
  3. L_ERRORCODE0 -> 10729

Edited by byatt (see edit history)

The issue with this error is with express Checkout. I had the same error for he longest with 1.5.3 and PP 3.4.8 and I tried several fixes. I even updated to 3.4.9. The error didn't go away until I went in an disabled Express Checkout.

I also had to disable ajax cart, force compile and turn on cache and manually clear cache.

Edited by Samantha57820 (see edit history)

The issue with this error is with express Checkout. I had the same error for he longest with 1.5.3 and PP 3.4.8 and I tried several fixes. I even updated to 3.4.9. The error didn't go away until I went in an disabled Express Checkout.

I also had to disable ajax cart, force compile and turn on cache and manually clear cache.

Am using Website Payments Standard but the problem is still there.

That really doesn't sound like a solution to accept.

I can't understand why there is this huge difference between normal checkout with sign-up beforehand (US customers select their State) and express checkout where the PP module should get ALL details form the PP customer account (including the State info).

I am planning to use the express checkout button only, and skip the whole sign up process, but if PS and PP module can't do that I have to look for other. working shopping platforms I guess :(

Very sad, update after update and nothing gets better

I have installed it but after logging into paypal and clicking the pay now button it still redirects to my site still with the below message.

I have also disabled the "3-click checkout experience" but still no joj :(

1. PayPal response:
  2. TIMESTAMP -> 2013-04-25T16:33:45Z
  3. L_ERRORCODE0 -> 10729

It took me 2 weeks but I solved it! I made a video of my diagnosis and successful result.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNl05QCuooU

• Like 1

Nope, not yet..

Seems as PS developers have other things in mind...

and disabling the express checkout is the only way to get it sorted right now (speaking of 10729 occuring when using express checkout and the State field is not transferred from the PP account to PS database).

Will try a clean install soon: 1.5.4.1 with PP 3.5.0 + localization + sandbox and real account testing

Really frustrating not having a working payment gateway.., and express checkout is a highly desired feature which should work and not be disabled to avoid these errors.

edit:

on one of the paid paypal express checkout modules I saw a Country, State drop down list just before hitting the pay with paypal button.

If we would be able to implement something like that we could bypass the faulty PS / PP communication. So, let the customer select the country and the State, have that information on hold, let the customer sign in to paypal. Merge given country and State info with the transferred PP account details just before the customer hits the final confirm order button and hopefully have an order without error..

Edited by vinatec (see edit history)

• 9 months later...

V: 1.5.6.1

Hello, this topic is rather old ,but the problem is still there. I have read the topics and the film how to change API. I am close to give up since no one can solve this problem. I have read the manuals, visited the forums and tried all the suggestions ++ but nothing helps. I have contacted the Prestashop twice for paid help, but they do not answer. It is better to tell the users that they don`t offer paid support. 

It is dissapointing since allmost all other configurations have been rather easy, very few problems. It seems to me that the lack of a payment gateway puts an end to my project.

V: 1.5.6.1

Hello, this topic is rather old ,but the problem is still there. I have read the topics and the film how to change API. I am close to give up since no one can solve this problem. I have read the manuals, visited the forums and tried all the suggestions ++ but nothing helps. I have contacted the Prestashop twice for paid help, but they do not answer. It is better to tell the users that they don`t offer paid support. 

It is dissapointing since allmost all other configurations have been rather easy, very few problems. It seems to me that the lack of a payment gateway puts an end to my project.

That's sad to hear. With every project, there are a lot of variables which need to be checked to fix the problem and with general advice, it is not always possible to find a quick solution while it is in fact relatively easy to debug it on site.

Perhaps you might want to get support as a job offer from the relevant part of this forum.

I hope you all find your solutions in the end.

• 4 weeks later...

I have one question - Do you also have M4pdf Module installed?

Hey there,

Did you find m4pdf caused problems with paypal module?

Thanks,

eggo

Hello,

Yes. The fact is that I had made my own php.ini file to meet the system requirements. The memory was 32M and I had to change it to 64M. I allmost gave up until I found out that I should tell the .htaccess in root where to find my self-made php.ini. 

In the .htaccess-file I just wrote "suPHP_ConfigPath /home/xxxxxx/" at the end of the file.

All the problems are solved. (Paypal, PDF, emails+++) Everything is working just fine.

After reading this forums for about 8 weeks, It seems to me that several others have the same problems. For example, I checked with info.php and everything was ok, but it wasn`t. The PHP-information was wrong. It was still 32M. Lots of topics and replies in these forums are about the same error-codes that I struggled with. Not only the error-codes, but also problems with the PDF-invoices, emails +++. I am a beginner in making a web-shop but I am absolutely sure that lots of problems will be solved if the server configurations meet the recuirements. There is a free modul to download that will tell you your server configurations.

Hey Arh,

So you solved this error code 10729 using this method? I'm a little confused on what I need to do. Could you elaborate? Thanks!

Hi Lucent,

If "Add to cart" is missing, you may have turned it off or not turned it ON. Let`s try this first:

Go to Back Office, choose Category and choose products.

Choose a product by clicking the EDIT-button.....now you see the "INFORMATION" part of this product. 

To the right there are several options. Look at the Alternatives (there are 3 alternatives). Enable the first one. The one who tells you that the item can be ordered. (I don`t now what it is in english, My PS is in Norwegian. Try this first.

• Like 1

Hi roflmyeggo,

I will try to explain, but english is not my mother-language. I had almost all kind of errors. I downloaded the error-file from the server by ftp. In addition, some emails when ordering was missing, PDF-files was missing and I got a blank page in the final step when paying with Paypal Standard. My host told me that I could increase the memory from 32M to 64M by adding a php.ini file. I did and it look like this:

upload_max_filesize = 64M
memory_limit = 128M
max_execution_time = 120
max_input_time = 120
post_max_size = 16M

I put the file in Root-directory, but it did not help. Than I thought that maybe the .htaccess should know where to find my php.ini.

Than I downloaded the .htaccess that is in the public_html directory and added at the bottom of the file the following:

suPHP_ConfigPath /home/tivano/

Now I have clicked on everything that is possible to click, and everything works just fine. I hope it stays that way for a long time.

• Like 1

Nice to help Lucent,

Tip: reduce the height on your logo to 52 pxl, and it will look better.

BO/preferences/themes...scroll to the bottom and upload logo with max height ca 52pxl.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I am using prestashop 1.5.4.1 and paypal module 3.5.0.

I have tried to buy a test product with express checkout but I got this error:

1. PayPal response:
  2. TIMESTAMP -> 2014-05-21T15:45:53Z
  3. L_ERRORCODE0 -> 10729

http://www.kado2iran.com

If you search test, a test product is there with price of 0.1 CAD.

I really appreciate if you could do a test and help me to solve this problem.

Thank you very much in advance.

Hi roflmyeggo,

I do not know as far as I have just Canadian Paypal and I could just check with that.

Could you please check with yours?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sadly, I just disabled express check out.

At least my customers can pay me now!

Edited by mojtabam (see edit history)

Hi,

I also received these error codes and lots of others (and they had nothing to do with Paypal),

• PayPal response:
  • TIMESTAMP -> 2014-05-21T15:45:53Z
  • L_ERRORCODE0 -> 10729

...for a long time, until I did the following:

1. Use a real texteditor. Dowload Notepad++ here: http://notepad-plus-plus.org/download/v6.6.3.html

2. Create a file called "php.ini".

3. Write the following text in the file, and nothing else:

upload_max_filesize = 64M
    memory_limit = 128M
    max_execution_time = 120
    max_input_time = 120
    post_max_size = 16M

4. Upload the file to the root directory (public_html)..

5. Downlod the .htaccess that is in the public_html directory and add at the bottom of the file the following:

suPHP_ConfigPath /home/xxxxxx/

6. Upload .htaccess file back to the public_html directory

This works only if your hosting provider allows you to do that. If not, maybe they will do it for you.

If you can`t change the server settings find another hosting provider. The error codes will never dissapear if the server doesn`t meet the requirements above.

• Like 1