Payment problems, Paypal express checkout, PS1.5.3.1 PP3.4.9

vinatec

Hi all,

I use prestashop 1.5.3.1 and paypal module 3.4.9

In vain of bugs getting fixed with newer versions I upgraded paypal module continously.

But so far had no luck, some problems vanished others occured for the first time.

Please I need an advise:

Which is the combination to go for? Is upgrading PS to 1.5.4 worth any?

I mean there must be a solution where PS and PP work hand in hand..

All I want is a working PayPal express checkout for US customers (without the need to register).

But appearently for all US customers addresses/State/zip-code checking throws errors when using that exact PP module.

And kind of new to me the cancel/return link on the paypal site isn't working right now.

I am willing to do the modifications needed on my own, but it is really hard to fix from one bug to the next one coming with a new PP or PS version. I know it's a developmental process on all ends...

So anyways.

Help very much appreciated!

-vin

Please see the site: highpheels.com

Current errors in decending importance:

1)

PP module throws the State/zip-code error for US customers, other countries work.

I want to offer a checkout with PP and have all shipping/billing details transferred from the PP account to the shop.

ZL_ERRORCODE0 -> 10729L_SHORTMESSAGE0 -> Shipping Address State EmptyL_LONGMESSAGE0 -> The field Shipping Address State is requiredL_SEVERITYCODE0 -> Error
ZL_ERRORCODE0 -> 10736L_SHORTMESSAGE0 -> Shipping Address Invalid City State Postal CodeL_LONGMESSAGE0 -> A match of the Shipping Address City, State, and Postal Code failed.L_SEVERITYCODE0 -> Error

Any hints on a proper setup there?

I already tried this solution with no luck.

I tried modifing country options in the BO, leaving the zip code box empty (says it will skip checks), unchecked zip-code checking, turned off the "contains states", all without luck.

PS_country.jpg

2) [sOLVED by updating to module 3.5.0 thanks presta Team!]

Also I notice an error when you hit the cancel/return to shop link on the paypal payment page.

My shop is installed in a subfolder and I use a .htaccess redirect to initially land in the subfolder.

This is the link given after pressing the cancel button:

.com/shop/shop/index.php?controller=order&paypal_ec_canceled=1&token=

Somehow the subfolder is appended two-times.

Which of course leads to a "This page is not available"..

anybody else have this problem after the upgrade to 3.4.9 or a solution for it ?

URLs for the shop subfolder and https are set correctly in SEO, and it worked with the previous paypal version.

3)

Other problem is related the the godaddy hosting, and I am sure can be fixed in the long run.

Using the phpmailer/or relayded sending:

Test emails work fine, automatic emails from account registration work as well.

But I cannot answer customer service questions or send messages to customers from the BO

there I am trying to fix according to tips in the forum and on godaddy support.

Since, the PP issues aren't connected to the godaddy hosting, no need to blame on that one, already having enough headaches with it ^^

Thanks for any suggestion!

Edited by vinatec (see edit history)