Removing cart from header to a regular block?

yes it is possible.

Go to the modules -> positions and click on "transplant module". After that you will se nice feature to change / add modules t the new places. Select block cart and column, where you want to add cart block; Exactly as i show below:

KxYmLIy.png

after that you can slick save and refresh your shop.

Voila! ;)

Some posts say it can be done:

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/65846-how-to-move-shopping-cart-from-right-column-to-left-column/

or

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/206612-solved-how-to-move-cart-block-to-footer-tried-everything/

I tried the first one, just because I was curious, and bumped into problems. (PS added the cart to the top-hook itself, it had problems displaying the right hook when going to Modules -positions (i.e. ater reload of pages it showed a different hook it was connected to etc.) And my active cart block is not active anymore (i.e. it doesn't roll down as it used to do). Maye this one is only good for PS <1.5??

So try at your own risk :]

My 2 cents,

Pascal.

yes this can be done If you follow Vekia's instructions and choose either displayLeftColumn (Left column blocks) or displayRightColumn (Right column blocks) you will have a cart in the column.

You can then either use live edit or position to move the cart to the position you want.

Here is a link to a 1.5.4 test site with this already done.

As you can see I transplanted the module then used live edit to position at the top of the right column.

http://team-shepherdusa.com/shop4/

Both of the links you posted are not the correct way to do what you want follow the instruction here and you will be OK.

• 6 months later...

Hi, I have the same issue. I am testing Prestashop on localhost. I can not move the cart block from header to right column in the default theme. I tried to fix it as described: Modules - Positions - Remove Cart block from "Top of pages" and/or "Pages header" - Transplant Cart block in "Right column". But it doesn't work. The cart remains unchanged.

Prestashop version 1.5.6.0.

It would be great if you can help me with this. Thanks in advance.

Hi, I have the same issue. I am testing Prestashop on localhost. I can not move the cart block from header to right column in the default theme. I tried to fix it as described: Modules - Positions - Remove Cart block from "Top of pages" and/or "Pages header" - Transplant Cart block in "Right column". But it doesn't work. The cart remains unchanged.

Prestashop version 1.5.6.0.

It would be great if you can help me with this. Thanks in advance.

can you share url to your page please?

and don't remove cart from "header" it's necessary hook because this is place where the js/css files are loaded.