Send notification when creating new Voucher

I am creating vouchers (price rules > cart rules) for specific customers, but when the voucher is created no notification is sent to the customer so they don't know it actually exists unless I manually email each customer. The voucher isn't even appearing in the customers My Account > My Vouchers area.

Is there a way to have prestashop automatically send a notification email to the user when a new voucher is created. Right now the only way I can see to send a message to a customer is to use the New Message option on an existing order - but I want to be able to send a prestashop notification to a user on my site who has not yet placed an order, giving them a voucher).

Thanks for any help!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I am creating vouchers (price rules > cart rules) for specific customers, but when the voucher is created no notification is sent to the customer so they don't know it actually exists unless I manually email each customer. The voucher isn't even appearing in the customers My Account > My Vouchers area.

Is there a way to have prestashop automatically send a notification email to the user when a new voucher is created. Right now the only way I can see to send a message to a customer is to use the New Message option on an existing order - but I want to be able to send a prestashop notification to a user on my site who has not yet placed an order, giving them a voucher).

Thanks for any help!

I had assumed this would be built in, and I was missing something, at least I know now it's not just me!

Did you ever find a solution for this?

• 4 months later...

I have the same issue. But i see by default its an email template named voucher_new. But when voucher its created no email its sent to the specified customer set in Conditions/Limit to a single user. I dont understand why the email template its there !!!

some light please

• 1 year later...

I have the same issue. But i see by default its an email template named voucher_new. But when voucher its created no email its sent to the specified customer set in Conditions/Limit to a single user. I dont understand why the email template its there !!!

some light please

An old thread but worth a try...

I too am curious about the email template: voucher_new and particularly the shortcode {voucher_num}.  When creating a cart rule and selecting partial use a new rule (and voucher code) is created for the remaining amount of the initial voucher if the customer does not use it all in a purchase.  I had assumed that this new voucher code would be automatically emailed to the customer (possibly via the voucher_new email), but it appears not.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Edited by pel024 (see edit history)

• 5 months later...

Hello Vekia,

Is there any tutorial for how we can do this? Or any suggestion by you?

I'll appreciate this.

well, this feature doesn't exist by default, the only way to achieve it is modification of the CartRules controller, there is no other way unfortunately

• 4 months later...

I am in Presta for 5 months and still cant find the case when new voucher sending to customer.  :unsure:

In email template files we have only two templates with voucher codes — voucher.html and voucher_new.html

Voucher.html was automatically sent to customer in case i made a refund/return procedure (when i checked this 'Generate voucher' checkbox on order's page). "A voucher has been created in your name as a result of your order with the reference etc..."

Can someone explain — in what situation the voucher.html is using?

Edited by serdib (see edit history)