gateway timeout

every time i try to import my csv file into Prestashop, it uploads for a few minutes products then gives me a "Gateway Timemout" page.

when i go into my products page it had only uploaded about 100-150 of my products.

i've tried on two different computers, in 4 different browsers, one computer connected to the internet by wifi, one connected directly to the modem. i get the same error no matter what.

Help!

thanks

• Like 1

ok, siteground is telling me they can't adjust the php time limit that causes they gateway timeout. They said to try uploading in smaller files, so i created a csv of only 50 products, it timed out and only uploaded 17 before the timeout.

Anyone have an suggestions or ideas? i have several thousand products and can't upload one by one. Please keep in mind i'm not an expert at this by any means

• 1 month later...

I have a csv file of about 700 products that stopped uploading stopped uploading at 75 products. The csv file was only 75 kb, so I can't image that file is too big, or that the system is timing out because of that file size. However, the csv product file is correlating with photos I uploaded to the server previously that are 150 mb.

I would prefer not to break up my thousands of products into spreadsheets of <100 for each upload. Is there a setting I can change or ask my host to change instead?

Thank you!

• 1 year later...