Need help uploading my site to go live

Hello,

I am very new to Prestashop and have been struggling with how to go live for a while. I have uploaded all my files using Dreamweaver to the public file. (I just copied all the files that were in my localserver folder)

Everything moved over fine, but when I go to the view it live, its just a blank screen. My site is floralscentsyarn.ca

Can someone please help me with this?

Thank you

I did... I hope I did it right. I created a database on my hosting site and wrote down all the information. I then tried to put all the information into that file, but thats all I did. Is there another step in between that I need to do?

after you created the database, did you import the data from your test local server? are you able to access your back office?

The next thing to do is edit the config/defines.inc.php file, and change the following to true. (this assumes PS v.1.5)

define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', false);

If using PS 1.4, then edit this file config/config.inc.php and change the following to 'on'

@ini_set('display_errors', 'off');

Instead of a white page, you will see the error causing the issue

• 1 month later...

Hello. I know this is a very old topic, but I am still having a hard time with this. I do not know anything about databases, so this is all so new to me. How and what do I do to export my local prestashop database and import it into my remote server? I am so new to all of this and I am just trying to get my website up and running. My internet service provider is MTS.