Paypal module doesnt work correctly

mihap

Im using prestashop 1.3.6.0 and paypal module 1.7.1.

When customer select paypal module to pay with, we get money to our paypall acount but problem begins when customer redirect back from paypall to our page.

We cant see order in the admin section, customer still has products in cart and the return url of our site isnt order-confirmation page but domain/history.php?slowvalidation.

Problem appears two days ago, before we didnt have this problem.

My paypall settings are the same...

In My account > Profile > Website Payment Preferences, set:

- Auto Return : Off,

- Payment Data Transfer to Off.

In My account > Profile > Shipping Calculations

- check Click here to allow transaction-based shipping values to override the profile shipping settings listed above

All PrestaShop currencies must be also configured inside Profile > Financial Information > Currency balances

Can u help me?

1. First please double check if you have IPN enabled and it is still there

2. Check your IPN history at Paypal account - My Account - History - IPN history

See what is the status of the IPN, if there is an error, try to fix that error.

3. If IPN sent successfully without error, the issue might be at your server.

IPN - Instant Payment Notification

i checked ipn histroy.

example

icon_oktoship_29x32.gif

OK to ship

Payment Status: Completed

We recommend that you:

• Contact the buyer to confirm the purchase and validate the shipping address
  • Use a shipping service with signature confirmation

Tips to sell securely Seller Protection

Not eligible for protection

Seller protection is only available for items sold on eBay.

in paypall everything looks OK?

Problem begins when gor back...

-check the file permissions to see if it is set correctly - 644 and folder permissions should be set as 755.

- make sure IPN url is reachable from outside.

one of my customer has similar issues, it was caused by some special rewrite rules in root htaccess (for WordPress) prevent Paypal server reach the IPN page. but it might not be your scenario.

hope this helps

rules are ok..

is normal when customer click return to (when she paid) get message and must click continue?

Although this page is encrypted, the information you have entered is sent over an unencrypted connection and should be read by other people.

Are you sure you want to send this information?

• 5 months later...

I'm brand new to PrestaShop and am having some of the same PayPal issues discussed here, but am running new PS ver 1.5.5.0.  I think the paths and filenames to IPN have changed? I have 4 PayPal questions: 1)  I have PayPal USA/Canada Standard version 1.2.5 enabled and mostly working but my modules list recommends an update to module ver 1.2.6. When I go to AddOns it displays it as 1.2.6 but when I download it and unpack the files are actually still ver 1.2.5. Am I missing something?  2) Doing test orders and paying by PayPal returns me to https://mydomain/order-history instead of .../order-confirmation as I've requested in my PayPal settings. I've tested this with the one-page-checkout and the 5-page-checkout and can't seem to get the right return URL.  3)  Not sure if I need IPN on because transaction data seems to get to my PS admin without it; but what is the path to IPN file in new PS ver 1.5.5.0? When I FTP in and look around all I find is .../modules/paypalusa/paypalusa.php.  4)  I also get the secure URL warning only when my browser (Chrome) returns to my secure page(s) from any PayPal page. If I simply refresh the page the warning goes away?  Any help with any or all of the above would be appreciated.  

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

In the path: "/modules/paypal/img/" you must verify if there is an image with the iso of the selected lang in the name. Ex: at "/modules/paypal/img/default_logos/" if the selected lang is PT, I must have an image called: "PT_horizontal_solution_PP.gif". Verify if your modules has it. Anyways, it should get the default image if there is no image with the iso lang.

Best Regards,

Vitor de Souza Support Team.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys, Las 10 days we are detecting problems with the paypal module and google chrome, the API does not work but paypal express button runs OK.

It does not appear any error message, just the paypal payment option does nothing when you click on it.

We use Prestashop 1.5.6 and 3.6.1 paypal. IT IS RARE because we have restored the paypal modules 3.6.0 and 3.5.8 (a few days ago it runs) and not working. even restoring either 1.5.5 Prestashop.

With Explorer, Safari or Firefox runs ok.
We have check it with last versiones of windows and android tablets

Any Idea ?

So we thought it will be a paypal issue and java.

Hi Guys, Las 10 days we are detecting problems with the paypal module and google chrome, the API does not work but paypal express button runs OK.

It does not appear any error message, just the paypal payment option does nothing when you click on it.

We use Prestashop 1.5.6 and 3.6.1 paypal. IT IS RARE because we have restored the paypal modules 3.6.0 and 3.5.8 (a few days ago it runs) and not working. even restoring either 1.5.5 Prestashop.

With Explorer, Safari or Firefox runs ok.
We have check it with last versiones of windows and android tablets

Any Idea ?

So we thought it will be a paypal issue and java.

Did you search if PayPal API did not change?

Best Regards,

Vitor de Souza Support Team