Huge Issue with 1.5.4 Admin caculating pricing wrong. Cost me thousands.

How can a shopping cart calculate orders with the wrong totals?

If you create a customer group with say 25% off. and they get on the customer side and place the order its all correct.

If i create the order on the admin side it will show the wrong price and give an extra 25% off per item but it will caculate the total price correctly.

But get this. if you take an order that someone with special pricing and say they got there 25off and then you go into the order to change something. It gives them the discount again and it does reflect in the total. So the customer is now getting 25%+25% off.

So if i get in to edit an order 3 times they get 25%+25%+25%

Now thats a deal for them but i lost tons of real money over this issue.

Also you can't edit shipping on an order. whats up with that?

post-153709-0-68989100-1364246390_thumb.jpg

Edited by devilsown (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Hello devilsown,

I suggest you upgrade to 1.5.4 as I understood from the release notes and fixes that lot of corrections were made around the taxes and orders.

Please let us know if that fixes your problem.

BR,

RaPhiuS

elpatron

no i have not opened up a bug report. Actually i was on a list they emailed out awhile ago about most active bug reporters. but...

Last 2 bugs i reported prestashop staff was down right rude to me. So i quit posting reports.

RaPhiuS

issue is still there on 1.5.4 so be careful you don't loose lots of money with issue.

I know i can't be the only one, i got 2 seperte stores and i see this on it.

• Like 1

Has anyone else seen this issue?

I upgraded a 1.5.3.1>1.5.4 and I made a customer group flat discount of 10%. I made a order from the back end and the discount applied.

I then went back into the order and edited the quantity. The discount stayed the same. Maybe I am not looking in the right place.

Did you upgrade from an earlier version?

my store has been upgraded threw the years over from 1.4.3 If it works for some people than it has to be a I have something configured differently in my 2 stores. Then again you may have not noticed the discount being more than it should or being applyed twice. it is easy to miss as i did for awhile but i have customers that are gettting 35% off and its real easy to notice that twice. And 2 10% i would have honesty not noticed it.

I did change my discounts for the customers to 10% off and it still was stacking discounts in the back end. When i did the math.

Edited by devilsown (see edit history)

Hi devilsown, okay, maybe I'm not seeing it correctly, but I think I would be able to notice it. I've never heard about this problem so I do not think this is a bug more than an isolated issue.

I checked again and followed your steps but I could not see a difference in the Product total price (per quantity after editing) or the total invoice price.

I think it's important for you to check on a localhost/ test domain if this behavior on a fresh install. If you have backups of before you upgraded each time then you can backtrack to see where this problem spawned. If somebody else can test it to confirm, that would be great.

Oh, I have this same error on 2 speperate domains. Both using differnt db etc. One site started off as 1.4.3 and been upgraded threw the years.

My other start is not very old and started off as 1.4.8 and went up from there. Both have different users/items so there was never any common db shared etc. It was started from scratch.

It has the same issue when i am editing orders. Its cost me well over 3,000 dollars by my figures. I just don't want anyone else to loose there shirt. So its not isolated to just 1 site.

Well honesty, its an issue with prestashops software. I guess i will file another bug report and wait a month for them to get to it meanwhile its costing me money ever day its not working properly. I am not a coder. So i am at your mercy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I am on 1.5.4 and I have this exact same problem. I have set a group discount of 30%. And created an order from the Back Office. Upon entering the products and quantity, the prices all appear right, and the total price appears right.

After creating the order, the email confirmation thats sent to the customer shows the correct unit pricings and total too. BUT the attached PDF invoice had the unit price wrong (it was the price before discount, and each item's total price was also non-discounted), and yet, the total price of the order was correct, after all the discounts applied.

Then when I go in to edit and check the order from the BO, it showed each item recorded at the original retail price (for unit price). But the total price was the correct discounted amount.

This does not happen when the same customer makes the exact same order from the Front end, via the store website itself. Apparently, this bug only seems to occur when orders are entered via the BO.

Possible bug maybe?

• 1 year later...

I am facing the same issue,I have project in Prestashop 1.5.6. In that I created a customer group without tax,the prices are displaying fine in customer emails and customer order details,But in the Admin order email and backend the product price is displaying wrong,it displayed product unit price with tax.

Please help me to solve this issue