Changing Front Page text and Image

Hi, I have searched about the forum and looked in a couple of php files but with no joy.

I need to change the tesx on the main page of my prestashop but cant find how to do it.

Im sure it is something easy that is just under my nose, but I seem to be having a blonde day today.

Thanks for any replys

Eoin

Hi,

Is this what you are looking for ?

You need to go to your modules page in your admin area find the home text editor module and click where it says “configure”. This will then bring up a page with the homepage logo and the text boxes for you to edit.

Cerberus22

• Like 1

You will need to edit terms and conditions, delivery etc, you will find them here :
You need to go to your admin area, look for the tab called “Tools”, then click on “CMS”, there you will find the Delivery, Legal Notice, Terms and Conditions, About Us etc.

Thats cerberus22.

Its actually taken me about a year to move to Presta. I am so used to useing other OpenSource carts.

The main thing I like about presta is it clean and neat front end. I have design templates for other carts and it is not easy to get a clean look like PrestaCart's front end.

But im glad I am making the move. It will be well worth it in time to come. I may even start looking into designing a few templates for free download just as soon as I get my own site sorted and running.

Cheers

Eoin

• 7 months later...

Via your ftp...
/themes/YOUR THEME/css/ open the global.css
after:
body {
you will see: background-color: white;

change it to
background-color: black;
or
background-color: red;
or whatever

just remember ALWAYS to take a backup of a file before you touch the code inside.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...

I am trying to update the images in the themeconfigurator. I followed the instructions, but it said it had already been transplanted to this hook. All I want to do is update the images to the current year.

I see in the live edit where I can delete the image, but not where I can edit the image and replace it with a new one. The same with block below it.

Do I have to unhook the old one and then rehook a new one?

I am trepidatious as I inherited this job from someone who is gone and I don't want to irretrievably mess up the front page while it is live.

If I have to unhook the old one and then rehook a new one, will I see an edit window to add the picture and the text like I do for categories and products?

Thanks,