product options - text and drop down menu box

Hi everyone I am very impressed with prestashop but there are two options I really need to set up for my shop. I need a text box required field option for all products so that clients have to fill this box in to proceed it is for text to go on the product itself. The other option I need is for drop down menu again a required field which lists charities and the client will use the menu to select which charity they want to give a percent of the cost of the product to. The information will then appear on the order which is emailed to the manager and also the client themselves. Is this possible if so could someone advise me on the best way of doing this please.

Any help you could give me would be really appreciated.

Kind Regards

Tim

You could use a customisation for the product text and an attribute for the charity.

For the product customisation, go to the "5. Customization" tab on the product editor, enter 1 under text field, click "Update settings", enter something like "Text to go on product" next to #1 and tick the "required" checkbox then click "Save labels".

For the charity attribute, go to Catalog > Attributes and groups, add an attribute group called "Charity", then add each charity as an attribute in the Charity attribute group. When finished, go to the "3. Combinations" tab on the product editor, click "Product combination generator" (at bottom in v1.1), select all the charities, click Add, Generate then Back to Product. When back on the "3. Combinations" page, you can edit the attributes and choose a default charity.

Once you've done this, there should be a dropdown box on the right of the product page and a text field at the bottom for the product text. You will need to remove the "Add to cart" button on the product listings to prevent users adding products to the cart without specifying charity or product text.

I hope this helps.

• 4 years later...

Hello Rocky

I am struggling with a similar issue here. Hope as a prestashop expert you can help me out! 

I have created a simple html form with drop down list in product page. I just want that the data entered by the customer is send to the cart just as the "product customization" details are sent and shown in the cart. I have created the form but I don't know the code that should be put to send the form data/details to the cart. 

Please can you help me out?? I am a newbie and m lost. Please help. 

Thanks so much.

Mira