Shipping > UPS Module Missing?

Hi. I'm new to PS. I installed v1.5.2 not long before v.1.5.3 was available and only recently got around to upgrading it using 1-click. It is a fresh install, ie no configurations done as yet.

I notice that I have only 3 shipping modules. Saw an article where there were more. Notably, UPS and Fedex are not there. Where do I download these?

UPDATE #1:

---------------

I deleted and installed the latest version - v1.5.3.1. Same issue.

When I search for 'Configuring the UPS Shipping Module in PrestaShop 1.5' on Google, I see an article by the same title which shows a screenshot of the Shipping & Logistics modules - why does my install not have that long list?

UPDATE #2:

---------------

I found that both UPS & Fedex modules were missing from the modules folder of v1.5.3. Found them in v1.5.01 and used those instead. Installed ok but are may not fully compatible.

1. the backend Modules list shows both installed.

2. I see various Fedex options in the Carrier page but UPS is missing from that.

Does anyone know where the modules for UPS and Fedex (and is there one for DHL?) can be found for PS v1.5.3?

Thanks

Edited by gurdip (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I'm new to PS. I installed v1.5.2 not long before v.1.5.3 was available and only recently got around to upgrading it using 1-click. It is a fresh install, ie no configurations done as yet.

I notice that I have only 3 shipping modules. Saw an article where there were more. Notably, UPS and Fedex are not there. Where do I download these?

UPDATE #1:

---------------

I deleted and installed the latest version - v1.5.3.1. Same issue.

When I search for 'Configuring the UPS Shipping Module in PrestaShop 1.5' on Google, I see an article by the same title which shows a screenshot of the Shipping & Logistics modules - why does my install not have that long list?

UPDATE #2:

---------------

I found that both UPS & Fedex modules were missing from the modules folder of v1.5.3. Found them in v1.5.01 and used those instead. Installed ok but are may not fully compatible.

1. the backend Modules list shows both installed.

2. I see various Fedex options in the Carrier page but UPS is missing from that.

Does anyone know where the modules for UPS and Fedex (and is there one for DHL?) can be found for PS v1.5.3?

Thanks

I've been having the same issue for weeks. I also installed the versions of these modules found in PS v1.5.0.1 which seemed to work just fine for the time being. If there happens to be any screw ups I'll update this post, but I suggest that we stick with this install until prestashop gets it together.

You can download v1.5.0.1 from the PS site. The carriers are in the module folder in the zip.

But I'm not sure about installing v1.5.0.1. Take a look at the number of changes since then:

http://www.prestashop.com/en/developers-versions/changelog/1.5.3.0 . There are many bug fixes too.

The latest version is now 1.5.4. I downloaded that and it too has no UPS and Fedex modules.

It's strange that Prestashop has no one to answer questions on the forum. Obviously someone knows what the story is with the missing carriers.

Anyone has anything to add / help out?

Those modules are downloaded from their server when you try to install them from the modules tab based on your location.

It should show them for everyone, while a few customers here reported the issue I have not seen a definite cause or solution.

I suspect it's a problem of the web server not being able to access the Prestashop site.

You can try installing prestashop on your local computer (using Wamp) and see if it works (keep us posted)

You can also check these alternative shipping modules which have built in label printing and a DHL module

http://www.presto-changeo.com/en/10-shipping-modules

You can download v1.5.0.1 from the PS site. The carriers are in the module folder in the zip.

But I'm not sure about installing v1.5.0.1. Take a look at the number of changes since then:

http://www.prestasho...angelog/1.5.3.0 . There are many bug fixes too.

The latest version is now 1.5.4. I downloaded that and it too has no UPS and Fedex modules.

It's strange that Prestashop has no one to answer questions on the forum. Obviously someone knows what the story is with the missing carriers.

Anyone has anything to add / help out?

I could not agree more

why do PrestaShop not come with a report on what is happening

it's obvious that many of us who have the problem

I'm thinking about the module UPS in the old version still can be used

Here's what I found.

The file that contains the full list of available modules is

/config/xml/default_country_modules_list.xml

I am not sure if based on your country, Prestashop simply does not add certain modules (UPS is one of them) on purpose, or if it is a bug, but the UPS module was not on your list.

I renamed your old file, and loaded the file from my local PS installation (country = US), and I was able to see and install the UPS module (I uninstalled it when I was done).

I'm attaching the modules list file fropm PS 1.5.4 (for US) here in case anyone else needs it.

• Like 1

this means that although PrestaShop promise before I Installed the UPS can be laid in

they have just forgotten to inform that it is only in the U.S. it can be used?

means the ultimately it virtually impossible for me to get laid freight rates into :-(

thank you because you tried to look at it

must think me well for what I do now

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...