Why is password required during guest checkout?

ajensen27

I've had a few people compain why they have to fill out a password if they are just using the guest checkout option. How can I get rid of this field?

Also, if they are required to enter a password during checkout, why do they then have to enter a password later if they want to turn their guest account into an actual account? Doesn't make sense.

Thanks!

No it's just the default theme modified. I never even tried signing up without entering a password just because it had the red * and I figured it was required. I just tried it and I was able to save my info without a password.

How do I just remove the password field then?

please confirm what version of Prestashop you are using? If it is v1.5.3.1, then the password would not be there. Since it is there, then its difficult to say what you would need to change.

The file is called themes/default/authentication.tpl

I would suggest doing a file compare of your file against the default file packaged in v1.5.3.1

• 2 weeks later...

bellini13... I did a file compare of authentication.tpl, order-opc.tpl, and order-opc-new-account.tpl and no where in there did anything change for the password field. I used the files on Git Hub. I'm assuming those are the most up to date 1.5.4 PS files.

Any other ideas?

• 5 years later...

In PS 1.7.3 if I don't fill password information then I can't continue. I'm confused with this, because I think normal behaviour is "if user doesn't fill password then he will be treat like a guest and he won't be registered"

Someone can confirm?

15 hours ago, jpg_es said:

In PS 1.7.3 if I don't fill password information then I can't continue. I'm confused with this, because I think normal behaviour is "if user doesn't fill password then he will be treat like a guest and he won't be registered"

Someone can confirm?

As specified by bellini13, YOu need to enable the guest checkout from the Admin -> Shop Parameters -> Order Settings.

If Guest checkout is disabled, Password is mandatory in the front otherwise password field is optional on the checkout page.