Authorize.net and SSL

I have Prestashop 1.5.3.0 installed and running on my server. I have an authorize.net account in test mode. I have configured the authorize.net module. I am using US$ for payments. The Payments page in the Modules menu looks fine. I have not yet installed the SSL certificate. According to authorize.net I can run test orders using their dummy cc numbers without the SSL certificate. But, in the front office Visa and MC are not showing up as payment options. I only have PayPal, Check, and Bank wire as options. Does PrestaShop automatically block credit card options if there is no SSL installed? Or is there some setting that I am overlooking? Thanks!

There is another factor that may be screwing things up. Since this site will be replacing an old active site (santons.net) on a different server. The domain name still resolves to that old site. Since Prestashop redirects to that old site when I try to use the normal preview function on my server, I have had to modify the hosts file in windows on my local computer.

post-405766-0-96432800-1363548566_thumb.jpg

From the screenshot I notice that autorizenet doesn't even appear at all.

I haven't used authorizenet module myself so I am not sure what are the reasons it may not appear. But some payment methods, if they are not configured properly they simply don't appear to avoid customers placing orders.

So just try to reinstall the module and make sure you follow each step for configuring the module.

I can't see anything wrong with my configuration. Here are the screen shots from admin. I blocked out the login ID and key. They are correct. Is there another setting that needs to be made in admin to set up a payment option?post-405766-0-17656700-1363557475_thumb.jpgpost-405766-0-12216100-1363557476_thumb.jpgpost-405766-0-58487400-1363557477_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I finally got my SSL installed and enabled. https is showing up in the address bar in the browser. But my authorize.net credit card option is not showing up in the shopping cart as a payment option. Oddly the first time I tried it after enabling the SSL it did show up as an option. Now I can't get it to appear.

What am I missing?

Hi I really need help with this. I am ready to launch the site. I just need to figure out why authorize.net credit card option is not showing up on the checkout as a payment option. I have everything enabled and an SSL certificate installed. Why is this a problem??

I am experiencing the idential error issue. I posted my own inquiry. However, the level of meaningful support by Prestashop or its moderators is virtually non-existent on this forum.

Time and again, the moderators act like sharks, and swarm to the forum posts in the hopes of avoiding meaningful solutions of the core Prestashop modules, rather guys like Presto Changeo dominated my own post and Presto Changeo does not offer any meaningful solutions because his/her apparent goal is to try to sell his alternative Authorize.Net module as was his/her purported advice.

The end-game on this forum is NOTHING gets corrected or fixed in the FREE MODULES while the moderators focus on avoiding any meaningful advice while tring to sell their own module products.

How clever the agenda of this forum has become a sleezy flea market environment, where no meaningful solutions are offered because some of the moderators have no role --- except the role-play as their own flea market booth operator --- amounting to a sales pitch offering to sell module solutions while evading to focus on the solutions for the free Prestashop module.

The PRESTASHOP MANAGEMENT should ban the sharks from selling their own modules and rely upon caring, considerate moderators who prove a "real-world" interest in getting the FREE MODULES working properly.

Moderators are here to moderate, not to help or solve any problems.

Moderate means deleting spam, making sure no ones uses profanity, and keeps posts on topic and in the right section.

I personally offer many solutions, and help many users, especially ones that seem to actually try to do the work themselves, rather than expects others to invest their time creating new scripts for them.

When a member reports a problem with a Prestashop module (that I do not use), I would generally point them to the bug tracker, as that is the place to report Prestashop related issues that the Prestashop team will investigate.

If they seem to be pressed on time, I will suggest an alternative module, either from our site, or the addons store.