[Solved] Admin Panel - no access (version 0.9 stable)

Hi

Found this software last night... great work.

Installed on my local machine (xampp based) and no problems.

Installed on my server and will not function (explained below)

The installation process completed successfully - page 2 had all requirements set to green.

Now the problem is that it will not let me login in it keeps going back to admin login panel.

I am unable to add an item to the basket it produces and error.

I am unable to complete the customer registeration process it produces an error.

My url is: http://www.fizz.me.uk/presta/prestashop/ & admin is at http://www.fizz.me.uk/presta/prestashop/admin1/

admin panel login details: fizz[at]fizz.me.uk :: fizz1234x

------

Apache version 1.3.37 (Unix)

MySQL version 4.1.22-standard (IS THIS THE PROBLEM???)

PHP version 5.0.5

----

Full php info snapshot url

http://www.fizz.me.uk/presta/fizzmeuk%20-%20Control%20Panel%20-%20PHP%20info.png

----

Any ideas what is wrong?

Thanks

Epaturun

Hi

I actually extracted the zip on the server and hence did not need to upload so I don't think I missed any files.

as I do not have access to .htaccess as I am on a shared server i had do put a php.ini file and set register_global to off. Would that cause any problems. I added php.ini to installation, admin, module folders but not and subfolders.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Okay -

I did two local installs -

install 1 - + Apache 2.2.6 + MySQL 5.0.45 +PHP Version 5.2.4  XAMPP (basic package) version 1.6.4

install 2 -  + Apache 2.0.54  + MySQL 4.1.14  + PHP 5.0.5 XAMPP for Windows Version 1.4.16

Install 1 seems fine :: Install 2 produces same errors as on my server which also has Mysql v4 (MySQL version 4.1.22-standard)

So it seems that Prestashop only works on Mysql 5  :'(

Again if anyone knows any work arounds then let me know

otherwise great kit

Fizz

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All

Update:

I have been playing with various combinations of different versions of PHP & Mysql. I have found that I cannot get it to work with PHP 5.05. Is anyone running prestashop on this version of PHP (this is what my host has  :'( ).

Thanks

Fizz

• 2 weeks later...

;)

This is to inform everyone that my installation for PrestaShop v0.9.5 works on PHP 5.2.0 with MySQL 5.0.27 at a shared hosting.

Shared hosting's resident configuration could be tricky, please feel free if you have problems at yours.

Cheers!

Hi epaturun,

The Forum Search feature is broken right now, so I couldn't locate the exact threads I had in mind, but I remember seeing a number of posts recently about problems with PrestaShop and PHP 5.0.5.  The dev team is aware of this but hasn't had time to work on this problem in depth yet; hopefully they will get to it early next week.

In the meantime, it does look like PHP 5.2.0 is the only proven compatibility. Sorry for any inconvenience. :-

• 2 months later...