[Solved] impossible installation V 1

Hello everyone!

New user, at least I hope .... I have a problem to install that does not concern me that a priori, despite extensive testing, I did not always happen, and I'm not sure whatsoever in relation to my problem ...

The problem is the following:

1 - I downloaded the archive

2 - I unzip this one on my HDD

3 - I have transferred (FTP) the contents of the archive in my rep: public_html (directly (no sub rep.)).

4 - I visited my site and I add ..... / install

5 - I have the following result:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or ')' in / home / sites / mister-hightech.com / public_html / install / classes / LanguagesManager.php on line 7

6 - I tried to change my htacces but no result ....!!!

Line error involved in the file LanguagesManager.php is: private $ url_xml;

Someone can help me please?

Hi, thanks for ur quick answer !

i have already read this post , i 'm testing that :

http://www.prestashop.com/forum/index.php/topic,1061.msg9068.html#msg9068

if doesn't work, i will never know how install prestashop on my server .......

my host is : hosterhouse

thanks again, if that is ok, iwill post a new reply with , RESOLVED PROBLEM ... it's ok ?

Sorry for my english, i am french .... :-[ : i have posted question in french forum , i have the same answer as u .

Really sorry !!!!!!!!!!!!!! : '(

Am too stupid! too con even though I may in the forum!

You laugh not please me,

I am honest, I tell you here why it not working (my little scuse ... I'm qd even slightly tired, must be confessed!)

>>>>>>>>> Is my old file: htacess

>>>>>>>>> And BON: .htacess

Hence the proper functioning (not laugh please (lol) yes it is the (.) Before htacess

Come on, a big thank you to you! and truly sorry for the inconvenience! sincerly!

I wish you all success in your exellente trade (s)!!

Good day!

• 2 months later...

@ jcmht,
Did you solve the problem?
I have same problem as you but don't know how to solve.
On my localhost no problem with installation. I don't have to set anything, just unzip presta, create a DB and run the installation.

But that error only happen on my live host (I use sub-domain).
Error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in /home/kdd94/public_html/tantri/install/classes/LanguagesManager.php on line 7

Although I have followed the WIKI "Install PrestaShop", maybe I have not set enough "write permission"

6b: Then make sure the following folders have ‘write’ permissions and apply these permissions recursively (to their subfolders): /img, /mails, /modules, /themes/prestashop/lang, /translations

For the condition 6b above, how to do that (apply these permissions recursively to their subfolders) quickly? My host use cPanel X, each time I can set CHMOD777 for one folder only. How to apply for all of sub-folders?

Another question: My current host runing PHP version 4.4.6, MySQL version 4.1.22-standard
Is it OK to run Presta 1.0 final? Or what I have to do to run on my current host?

Thanks.