Hi,

I'm looking to set up a store using Prestashop to run a small Fine Art Printing business. I want the solution to allow my customers to upload hi-res image files for printing.

The product customisation upload style would be fine but it seems there is a limit on the filesize. Also it is limitied to JPEG, PNG or GIF and I would like customers to be able to upload any file format.

I have struggled to find any native or add on solutions to this problem and am hoping someone knows of a solution or can suggest where to look next!

Thanks in advance,

Hi,

Thanks for your message.

Although a nice solution, it is not perfect for my needs. I need to be able to associate files with individual products.

For instance, if a customer were to order a 24x36 photo i would want them to be able to upload an image when selecting that product, or during the checkout stage. Either way, they must be able to associate the image with a product.

Hi,

Thanks for your message.

Although a nice solution, it is not perfect for my needs. I need to be able to associate files with individual products.

For instance, if a customer were to order a 24x36 photo i would want them to be able to upload an image when selecting that product, or during the checkout stage. Either way, they must be able to associate the image with a product.

thanks for your suggestions, it's nice idea for new module ;)

While it may be a bit of an overkill, you can use http://www.prestashop.com/forums/index.php?/topic/47363-module-attribute-wizard-pro-create-an-unlimited-number-of-attributes-and-display-as-radio-button-checkbox-dropdown-textbox-teaxtarea-files/

It changes the way combinations are handled, and lets you use attributes as a file upload (you can also assign it a price increase).

It does not require a "save" button like the PS customization, you can specify a size limit, as well as any file format you want to allow, and it make a link directly from the order history to the files that were uploaded.

• 8 months later...

I'm also facing this problem.

I have an online printing site where I need to collect high resolution image file (higher than 10MB) from customers. However, I can only upload image file less than 8MB currently. The website is hosted on iPage.

I have updated the upload_max_filesize to 20MB in php.ini and Preference in the backend. However, when I try to upload a 10MB image file, the website shows me this error. 

errormessage.jpg

According to iPage's technical support, it was due to script execution time. The script execution time is 120s. I have updated max_execution_time, but there is no effect. The technical support told me that "it is not possible to increase the script execution time as ours is a shared hosting environment."

May I know is there any other solution? or which hosting do not has this limit?

• 1 month later...

I've solved this issue using Customer File Upload developed by MyPresta.eu.

Initially, I wasn't allowed to upload image higher than 8MB in Prestashop Customization Tab, even though I've updated the php.ini and max image size in the backend.

After that, I tried Customer File Upload module and it works. I can now upload image file higher than 8MB.  :)