When is CC Charged?

I recently activated authorize.net as the payment gateway with my PrestaShop store, but can't find a setting anywhere to select when the credit card is charged. Usually, you have two options - authorize or authorize and capture (one charges the card when the product is shipped, the other when the order is placed). Does anyone know what the default is, or how to determine this? Thank you for your feedback!

Thank you for your fast reply! That helps! Do you know if you can change this though so that it charges the card when the order is shipped? Potential reason being - if the consumer has an order that gets shipped at different times?

The Prestashop module does not support Authorize first + capture later (as far as I know).

You can use the following module http://www.prestashop.com/forums/index.php?/topic/40871-module-authorizenet-aim-or-dpm-payment-module-including-authorize-first-capture-later-refunds/ which has that option, it also lets you enter the amount you wish to capture (in case it's lower because on an out of stock item)