Site moved from folder to root, something has gone wrong?

I moved my 1.5.3.1 site from a sub folder to the root. I changed the URL info in the data base. The site shows up OK, the SSL is working on the order pages. But, now the back office won't take any changes, the save button does nothing. I guess its SSL related because the BO does not show the lock in the address bar now?

The cart won't slide down, when you add a product it takes you to the order page. It won't let you check out either, the terms box stops things.

I've been reading and searching for hours, my .htaccess shows the correct URL. Don't see anything off in the data base. I changed the URI to / and the site shows correctly. Products and images are all showing. Just one image slider is missing, haven't looked at the module yet.

I'm surprised I'm having so much trouble, the site was working great in the sub folder. How do I get the BO office working again? Need to correct the lack of secure browsing with the BO. Why would the cart mostly work except for the add to cart feature?

The site links are all good, I updated the menu link to the Home page, everything else works right page wise.

HELP??? :)

Edited by Sages Outdoors (see edit history)

http://www.prestasho...47#entry1052147

hit the like button liberally if this works for you...

Yeah, I've seen you post before. I thought of that first and made sure they both matched. The site would not show up till I added the "/" to the URI.

I also tried leaving of the .www and nothing changed. All of my directories are now have 705 permissions since I added a SSL. But all was working fine till I switched things to the root folder. What I don't get at all is the https, it worked with the admin file the first time I logged in. Haven't seen the BO go secure since the first time. Tried different browsers too. I don't know how to see its the SSL making a conflict. I just know my BO is not showing secure like it did yesterday.

I've opened a support ticket with my host, but I don't know what else to look at.

I think my options are exhausted. Searching for help topics hasn't shed any light.... Its was working fine yesterday till I changed the folder. Same data base, same file permissions.... I've read a few post where guys had no problem moving sites, I wish that was me, never had any issues moving my old sites around. But, they were not Prestashops.

Thanks