I just give up installing 1.5.3

To me it seems very strange and frustrating the big problems at time, a simple installation of prestashop can cause!!

I have tried every thing. The same server was running 1.5.1 but a fresh installation of 1.5.3 is not possible.

Tried with default langauge "uk", both types of DB, different DB prefix ect.

I honest do not have any more ideas :-(

post-410546-0-00370700-1358795691_thumb.jpg

To me it seems very strange and frustrating the big problems at time, a simple installation of prestashop can cause!!

I have tried every thing. The same server was running 1.5.1 but a fresh installation of 1.5.3 is not possible.

Tried with default langauge "uk", both types of DB, different DB prefix ect.

I honest do not have any more ideas :-(

Hello, this seems that the default data is not able to install. that is you are trying to install prestashop with dummy data. please check your my sql version. and prestashop recommendation. what i am thinking is that for old mysql version this problem happen.

Hello, this seems that the default data is not able to install. that is you are trying to install prestashop with dummy data. please check your my sql version. and prestashop recommendation. what i am thinking is that for old mysql version this problem happen.

Thanks for your answer

Maybe anyone can confirm (or not) that my host server is ready for 1.5.3 installation: http://forumshop.dk/phpinfo.php

Hmmm..i just installed 1.5.3 on my synology NAS without any problems, so I think you are right, my host server is the problem.

Edited by jangermann (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...

Update!

Success!! I was able to install after change to "safe mode off".

Hi

I am having the same prob with 1.5.3, i keep getting a white screen, locking me out so i cannot log in, a real nightmare, where did you put it in to safe mode off, on the server?

I dont know what to do for the best!

• 2 weeks later...

HI!

A bit out of topic, but You wrote You installed it on synology server!

Could you write a little help here.

I cannot get past database verification.

I am using the package that you can install from synology server and i am trying "localhost" among others with out succed.

can you help?