Virtual Products not being emailed

oldskooljunkieguy

Hi,

Not a solution but may be part of the same problem:

Did you also notice that customers can actually share the download link? I mean... if i know the link to a certain virtual product I can send it to someone else by e-mail, for instance, and this person can actually get the file without authentication.

I'm not sure if this is my installation. I upgraded from 1.5.1.017 to 1.5.3.1 trying to solve the virtual product mail problem and that is what I noticed.

best

jp

Hi,

well... to be realistic any person who bought one of my virtual products could actually share it with "whoever" else via e-mail, dropbox or whatever. So, putting a downloads limit won't solve the issue. Just that it feels weird when "whoever else" can download it freely from my site. Will be nice if somebody else can confirm this before posting it as a bug. This may be happening to me simply because of the upgrade. A "clean install" is not an option at this time.

I'm actually happy that the customer has to do the effort to login to download the product instead of having an e-mail with the direct link...

best,

jp

Edited by jpac (see edit history)

What is an example of the link are you speaking of? Links to my downloads are in the "http://mywebsite.com/order-history" I tried to see if that happens on my site and no problem with it. However, because I ran into so many problems with the upgrade I did a clean install and it solved all the problems except the emails. Fortunately I was able to import all the product data through .csv file to make it a little easier to get it going again. I edited the paypal confirmation page to instruct them to go there account and download below in my orders. Also changed reinsurance images and words to instruct something similar also.

what happens when a customer copies the link and sends it to a friend? Did you try copying the link and pasting it in a different browser for instance? In my case I get the file directly without asking for login. I'm talking about the link to download a virtual product in your order history. Can you copy that link and download the product without authenticating as a registered customer? I can.

Edited by jpac (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey

Try the fix of J. Danse Here

File : classes/order/OrderHistory.php

line 350 :

if ($virtual_products && (!$last_order_state || !$last_order_state->logable || ($last_order_state->id == $new_order_state->id) && $new_order_state && $new_order_state->logable)

Works great for me.

Regards

Edited by indesign (see edit history)
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

I'm also having the same problem.

Customers *can* however log into their account history and download the product from there, but it's not the best solution.

That would be fine if you could edit the order confirmation emails telling them to do this but I can't figure out how to do that either.

Really I will have to check that out on mine. Either way I put a limit to downloads of 2 so that it can't be accessed after that. Do you have a limit of downloads? Also are your url's rewritten? I just decided to instruct throughout the site to have them download from there account.

How do you let people know they have to go to their accounts to download the product? I'd rather do this too but not sure how to handle it.

hi,

you can edit one of the e-mail templates. For instance you edit the Order confirmation e-mail and add a few text lines saying something like "after you payment is processed you could login to your account and find a link to your purchased products under your "order history" " or something like that.

hi,

you can edit one of the e-mail templates. For instance you edit the Order confirmation e-mail and add a few text lines saying something like "after you payment is processed you could login to your account and find a link to your purchased products under your "order history" " or something like that.

I had a couple people try to download a product saying something simlar to that but they all had trouble or go totally lost.

Do you know of any email short codes that link directly to the order history page?

• 4 weeks later...

I had a couple people try to download a product saying something simlar to that but they all had trouble or go totally lost.

Do you know of any email short codes that link directly to the order history page?

Write in "short desc" that they should read the in the description how they download it. This is my text.

Where to download after payment:

.Login or click on your name up by the CART icon.

Click on "History and details of my orders".

You will be able to download the product two times.

Paypal - The download will be available directly here on this site when you payed*

Bank wire - After you made the money I will have to change your status to "Payed". You will get a mail when its done.

HOWEVER... is it only ME that still having problem getting virtual products not to check for a delivery address... I get error. PLEASE let me know if it works for you OR if it doesnt. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I try these solutions but couldn t make them work on 1.5.2

Actually i also want to eliminate the "payment confirmation" email from prestashop (duplicate with the one from paypal and add another email to many others when placing an order)

I found my solution there (on 1.5.2. , the lines to comment out are from 377 to 380)

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/94435-how-to-not-send-payment-accepted-email/

Best