How to not send Payment Accepted email

Hi,

I am running a shop that only has virtual downloadable products for sale. It works perfectly except one thing.

The customer can see products, add products, pay for products and I receive emails and they receive emails... too many emails. If a new customer comes along and buys they get, registration, payment accepted, order confirmation and virtual download emails...

I really don't see the point in the payment accepted email. I know you can turn this off in Orders > Statuses but as soon as I do that they will no longer get the Virtual Download email.

If anybody has any idea why that is happening I would be very grateful!

Thanks in advance :)

Hi,

to solve your problem, do the following:

1. Edit the order status "payment accepted" in the back office. Choose the email template "download product" as it's default template. Save.

2. open up OrderHistory.php, and comment the following (line 161 on mine):

Mail::Send(intval($order->id_lang), 'download_product', ((is_array($_LANGMAIL) AND key_exists($subject, $_LANGMAIL)) ? $_LANGMAIL[$subject] : $subject), $data, $result['email'], $result['firstname'].' '.$result['lastname']);

Save and upload. (orderhistory.php in located in the "classes" folder)

If you need help doing this stuff, I'm available for hire. PM me for details.

Cheers,

Damian

• 11 months later...

I've got the same problem, has anyone tried the solution above is it still valid for the current version?

The above solution worked for me fine when he suggested it and continues to but I have not updated my version of prestashop since so I do not know if it works on the latest version or not.

Try commenting out the lines he suggests. If it doesn't work or breaks the system, uncomment it?

Good luck

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...