'CLASS SOAP' must be configured to use module correctly ?

Hi, This is the warning message I get when I go to my shipping module under Fedex. My freight module is not working at all and my site is effectively dead. There is nothing in the entire 'HELP' file about Class Soap or even Soap. Can someone shine a light on this? Isn't it kind of lame that there is nothing, anywhere, on a word that is used for something in PrestaShop that is vital to its life pulse?

That is correct at the moment I use Ipage and they do not support PHPSoap and won't install as they say they can not do this for one customer :angry: .

What is funny is Prestashop is part on their simple scripts but they can not actually fully support, that also do not support Cron jobs.

I have never been able to use the fedex shipping module or the birthday module.

Thanks all, I've forwarded your answers to my ISP who apparently must do some resetting of the server. If this solves the problem I will definitely post it on this thread so that future sufferers can see it. Al Catt

My ISP reset the 'Class Soap' module which gave me some sort of freight carrier. So now the module is working again but further problems with the Fedex Module. If a customer clicked on one item to add to the cart the system did not add shipping (as if it was going to be free). If they clicked on 'next' the yellow box said "there is no carrier for your area". If the customer clicked on qty of 2, or clicked the plus sign to add another, the system suddenly added shipping and would add additional charges for each product that was added, accordingly. So I went in to the 'carrier' settings and deleted every shipping method that I would never use, or offer, such as Europe International or Fedex Freight (truck/common carrier) this left only standard Fedex shipping options such as ground, ground home, next day, 2nd day and the like. Then I openend each one with the 'edit' command to check them all out individually. It turns out that each one of them was set to 'default'. My store uses Fedex ground as 'default' so I went through all of the carrier options and unchecked the 'default' box. That solved the problem. Now if a customer clicks on one item the system immediately puts the freight charge in the 'cart' area and has no problem if you click to add 2,3,4,5 or more.

I thought I had it licked until I tried another item in my store. This item ships in its own box and weighs 23 Lbs. per box. If you add one to your cart it (the system) immediately adds the freight. You can click in 2,3,4 and 5 more and it happily adds the totals and increased freight charges. BUT if you click on 6 the freight process shuts down- no additional freight charges are added when you click on making it 6 of that item and if you click 'next' the yellow box says....''no carrier is available for your area''. So there is some threshold that was crossed that is obviously greater than 115 Lbs. (5 boxes at 23 Lbs each is 115 Lbs.)

I can see no settings that make the system balk and stop at some magic weight somewhere over 115 Lbs.

Any help or guidance to cure this problem would be greatly appreciated. I really can't afford to lose any more hair other than what I've pulled out already.

AlCatt