upgrade from 1.1.0.5 to current - possible?

No it will not be possible to upgrade from 1.1.0.5.

The way Prestashop is has been built, most upgrades are not compatible with your existing theme or modules you may have purchased. You would be best to build a new shop from the ground up. I recommend PS V 1.4.9.0 as the most stable version that will still be compatible with many themes and modules. Make sue if you install PS V 1.4.9.0 that you enable the free compatibility module.

You may also post in the paid help forum, and hire someone to export your products and customers from your old shop and import the data into your new version. For a small amount of money you will save very much time.

I'm not sure you could upgrade directly from 1.1 to 1.4.9, but you could take baby steps, and try to upgrade from v1.1 to v1.2.5, and then to v1.4.9.

However I would agree with @Bill Dalton above, you might be better off installing a fresh version and figure out how to export/import the important information you require like products/customers/orders.

I do offer paid services for upgrading, and while I never upgraded from 1.1 before, I'd be willing to attempt this for a reasonable fee. Send me a PM if you are interested.