1.5.3 Upgrade Tip

When upgrading to 1.5.3 make sure you choose Upgrade the "default" theme from the options at bottom of page otherwise your global.css file will not be updated and some things have changed.

The main thing is the block titles have changed from .block h4 to .block .title_block and without upgrading your global.css the block titles will not be displayed correctly.

As you can see in the pics I am also working on a 2 column theme design for 1.5, upgrading the global.css changed back to 3 column but this is an easy fix.

Below PIC1 is without updating theme PIC2 is with update.

• Like 2

I am working on just that, you may be able to change the BLOCK section of the the global.css file to the block .title_block replacing the block .h4 as below. but have not tested. (should be ok)

I have made the text to bold to show the changes to this section.

As i test more I will post changes I find here along with any other tips I can share.

If you have modified module .tpl files those changes will be lost as some module .tpl files have changed.

These are preliminary findings as I just wanted to post the template issue so other would not think things were totally messed up after upgrade.

1.5.2 block

/* BLOCK .block ******************************************************************************** */

.block {margin-bottom:20px}

#footer .block {margin-bottom:0}

.block h4 {

padding:6px 11px;

font-size:12px;

color:#fff;

text-shadow:0 1px 0 #000;

text-transform:uppercase;

background:#383838

}

.block h4 a {color:#fff}

.block ul {list-style-type:none}

.block li.last { border:none}

.block li a {

display:block;

color:#333

}

1.5.3 block

/* BLOCK .block ******************************************************************************** */

.block {margin-bottom:20px}

#footer .block {margin-bottom:0}

.block .title_block {

padding:6px 11px;

font-size:12px;

color:#fff;

text-shadow:0 1px 0 #000;

text-transform:uppercase;

background:#383838;

text-align:left;

font-weight: bold;

}

.block .title_block a {color:#fff}

.block ul {list-style-type:none}

.block li.last { border:none}

.block li a {

display:block;

color:#333

}

1.5.2 blockcart.tpl

<script type="text/javascript">

var customizationIdMessage = '{l s='Customization #' mod='blockcart' js=1}';

var removingLinkText = '{l s='remove this product from my cart' mod='blockcart' js=1}';

var freeShippingTranslation = '{l s='Free shipping!' mod='blockcart' js=1}';

var freeProductTranslation = '{l s='Free!' mod='blockcart' js=1}';

var delete_txt = '{l s='Delete' mod='blockcart'}';

</script>

<!-- MODULE Block cart -->

<div id="cart_block" class="block exclusive">

<h4>

<a href="{$link->getPageLink("$order_process", true)}">{l s='Cart' mod='blockcart'}</a>

{if $ajax_allowed}

<span id="block_cart_expand" {if isset($colapseExpandStatus) && $colapseExpandStatus eq 'expanded' || !isset($colapseExpandStatus)}class="hidden"{/if}> </span>

<span id="block_cart_collapse" {if isset($colapseExpandStatus) && $colapseExpandStatus eq 'collapsed'}class="hidden"{/if}> </span>

{/if}

</h4>

1.5.3 blockcart.tpl

<script type="text/javascript">

var customizationIdMessage = '{l s='Customization #' mod='blockcart' js=1}';

var removingLinkText = '{l s='remove this product from my cart' mod='blockcart' js=1}';

var freeShippingTranslation = '{l s='Free shipping!' mod='blockcart' js=1}';

var freeProductTranslation = '{l s='Free!' mod='blockcart' js=1}';

var delete_txt = '{l s='Delete' mod='blockcart' js=1}';

</script>

<!-- MODULE Block cart -->

<div id="cart_block" class="block exclusive">

<p class="title_block">

<a href="{$link->getPageLink("$order_process", true)}" title="{l s='View my shopping cart' mod='blockcart'}" rel="nofollow">{l s='Cart' mod='blockcart'}</a>

{if $ajax_allowed}

<span id="block_cart_expand" {if isset($colapseExpandStatus) && $colapseExpandStatus eq 'expanded' || !isset($colapseExpandStatus)}class="hidden"{/if}> </span>

<span id="block_cart_collapse" {if isset($colapseExpandStatus) && $colapseExpandStatus eq 'collapsed'}class="hidden"{/if}> </span>

{/if}

</p>

Ok, great, I try it. Now I finished upgrade from 1.4.6.2. to 1.5.2. so I hope that change it to 1.5.3. will be easy. But how to do that, may I use one click upgrade from 1.5.2. to 1.5.3. or should be better to make manual upgrade from 1.4.6.2. to 1.5.3. as same way I did for 1.5.2.?

Thank you

At this point I can not give honest advice as I have very limited testing, however stay with what you have if it is an online functioning store.

I have several test sites (3) to test upgrades and fresh installs.

By the way I am a Guinea pig LOL

I have the bug also, but in a personal theme:

The headings were fixed by just using the older version of the "blockcategories" and "blockmanufacturers" modules, then those should be ok.

I do have one bigger issue with the categories it self, as I use 2nd level categories they are no longer visible in the 1.5.3.

EDIT: New thread created for this specific issue! http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/213104-153-missing-subcategories-from-blockcategories/

Edited by THM11 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I had the same problem after update to 1.5.3 version. Missing subcategories from blockcategories.

I have solved this problem in my e-shop. I have uninstall blockcategories module and after install again. After this module start works correct.

Regards

Inna

• Like 1

I had the same problem after update to 1.5.3 version. Missing subcategories from blockcategories.

I have solved this problem in my e-shop. I have uninstall blockcategories module and after install again. After this module start works correct.

Regards

Inna

Worked for me! Don't know why I didn't think about that...

Thanks!