Localhost = SLOW Shop

I get double the speed if I change from Localhost to the IP, or even 127.0.0.1 will double speed of shop compared to using Localhost. This could be a quirk of the kit I'm using. Anyone else notice this?

I tested this in 1.4.9.1 and 1.5.2.0

prestashop\config\setting.ini.php

Edited by Bill Dalton (see edit history)
  • Like 1

No I never tested upload speed. The page load speed doubles for me when I change the connection from localhost to 127.0.0.1 or my public ip.

The default is localhost, so I always left it at that. Couple of days ago I installed 1.4.9 just to see the difference in speed from 1.5.2. The speed amazed me. At first I though it was just that version. But I noticed I had changed localhost to the ip, so I changed it back to localhost and that made 1.4.9 just as slow as 1.5.2!!! I then went to my 1.5.2 and change local host to the ip and it is now VERY fast. Pages with localhost setting took 2 seconds to load, now they take under a second.

This could just be my box. Maybe my computer has a problem with localhost. Regardless I don't care. I'm very happy. Prestashop 1.5.2.0 is now blazing fast!

• 1 year later...

Hello,

I recently bought a new theme and istalled it into my prestashop. I don't know if this is an issue, but I have BIG speed problems!

Now it takes for ever to open a page and uploads very slow.

What should I do? I am not a developer. Is there a choise in the backoffice I should change or something else?

I would appreciate any help.

Thank you.