Hey, What does it mean this?, what is my server?

• Create a database for PrestaShop on your server.
  • Upload all the files from the unzipped archive to your server.
  • Open the files' location in your browser; you should be redirected to the /install/ folder.
  • Using your MySQL access codes, follow the instructions from the installer's screens.
  • Once installed, delete the /install/ folder and rename the /admin/ folder to something unique to you (for instance, /4dm1n/).
  • Check that everything works:
    • Visit your website
    • Connect to your back-office (the admin folder that your renamed), using the access codes you set during the installation process.

You're done! Start adding product, changing theme, downloading modules...

Hey Luz Belle

Welcome to Prestashop! :) Once you have purchased your domain did you buy a shared hosting service with it or a vps service. Most new people start off with a shared server. If you look on Godaddy they also offer for sale what is called shared host server and that is something you will need to run a online store. It appears or at least sounds like you have not done this before. If not I highly highly recommend you hire either someone from the forums or Prestashop to help you install the software. I own my store but I pay for my site to be worked on.

If you're in need of help I am sure you can ask many questions here and others will be happy to help you along. That's if you wish to do it yourself but if you're wanting your shop up quickly then I do suggest you hire someone if you do not know what to do.

It's a lot of work well at least it would be for me lol :)

If you wish to hire someone I could suggest a few people here from the forums that are developers and would most likely help you. If you want to hire them that is.

Clayton

• Like 2

That means you need a MySQL database. You mentioned that you bought a domain from GoDaddy.

Did you purchase hosting for your website? If not you will eventually need to. When you do make sure the hosting package comes with a mySQL database. You just need to make sure you have one. You will be given a user name and password by your host.

Basically the steps to setup any online software.

1. You need a domain and hosting.

2. To set up prestashop or any of the popular packages, WordPress for example, you need a database.

3. You need to get the Database login and FTP login for your hosting account.

4. You need to download and unzip your software, in this case Prestashop.

5. You need to unzip the file, upload via FTP to your webhost and then follow the Prestashop instructions to set proper file permissions.

So, if you are just starting out, there is a bit of a learning curve. But just like everything, it's easy once you know how. ;)

You can also get a hosting account that is already setup for Prestashop.

Take a look at,

http://www.prestabox.com/en/

Edited by Bill Dalton (see edit history)
  • Like 1

That is just a free one page instant page from Gaddy. You cannot host a web site.

You can set up a webserver and everything you need on your own computer, This is free and you can take your time to learm

Please watch this video,

If you like what you see, you can install the latest WAMP on your computer, please see,

http://www.wampserver.com/en/

You will love this, or you will hate this. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

It is a lot to learm.

PrestBox is very cheap and they setup all the software for you. And you can still use your godaddy domain at PrestaBox, Please read,

How much does a PrestaBox store cost, and does it really save me money ?

With PrestaBox, we ensure that you can launch your business on the internet with a fully functioning and high-performance store, and still keep your budget low. Upon creating the shop, you can decide:

- to buy a domain name for only 12.50 euros, and not have any further registration fees.

- not to buy the domain name, your registration fees will only be 10 euros!

From then on, user fees for your store are directly linked to your sales activity. You only pay a commission fee of 2% on total revenue generated. If in the first 6 months you make no sales the PrestaBox service is entirely free of charge. This gives you plenty of time to launch your business. After the 6 month period, a minimum fee of 15 Euros/month is applied.

Let’s give two examples:

- You start by buying an Internet domain name (that you own) and you make no business for six months. PrestaBox then only costs you € 2.08 per month!

- You start by buying an Internet domain name (that you own) and you make a 5000 euros turnover, PrestaBox then only cost you 112.50 euros in total or 9.40 euros per month.

If you decide to stop your PrestaBox store, you will have to send us your request via registered mail. PrestaBox is the most effective and cost efficient way to enjoy the potential of the Internet. What is the difference between PrestaBox and PrestaShop?

PrestaBox is a turnkey e-commerce solution. With PrestaBox, you benefit from an offer that includes installation, hosting and automatic updates for your shop.

It is not necessary to have a good command of FTP servers and databases: you manage your shop only via your PrestaBox Back-Office. No need to be an IT expert to launch your shop: the PrestaBox offer is accessible to all the project leaders!

Edited by Bill Dalton (see edit history)