blank screen

Im having problem when I click on the image url buttton my screen its just white! im not getting anything showing up on the screen! It was fine yestreday but today Im getting nothing at all on the screen! Ive tried all browsers!

hope you can help me out icon_smile.gif

post-50598-0-64213500-1354989240_thumb.png

• Like 1

Im having problem when I click on the image url buttton my screen its just white! im not getting anything showing up on the screen! It was fine yestreday but today Im getting nothing at all on the screen! Ive tried all browsers!

hope you can help me out icon_smile.gif

post-50598-0-64213500-1354989240_thumb.png

is there anything i can do to fix this or another way to add images?

Just had a look in ie and its saying its a HTTP 500 Internal Server Error how can i fix this please help my site dead now :-( 3 years work gone :-( now

Ive looked at permissions and i think they are all 755 but not 100% sure on this!

Have you made any changes at all to the site over the last few days / weeks? Upgraded perhaps?

If you have done nothing the try clearing out all your chaches (on you computer and on the site) If it is still problematic it may well be an issue with your host - contct them to see if they are having any problems

If you have made some changes then you will need to guide us and tell us versions of prestashop, what changes you have made, did you make backups etc

Thanks haylau for the help! ive not made any changes as i can think of apart from Force compile. How can I clear the chaches on prestashop?

The version of prestashop im using is 1.4.6.2

not made any backups :-( been working too hard on it and left it too late :-(

Im trying to think of any changes ive made and can't think of any apart from the above and the .htaccess file.

Is there anything i need to ask my host provider?

thanks again for getting too me :-) really need the help on this one!

Edited by Didszzz (see edit history)

Thanks haylau for the help! ive not made any changes as i can think of apart from Force compile. How can I clear the chaches on prestashop?

The version of prestashop im using is 1.4.6.2

not made any backups :-( been working too hard on it and left it too late :-(

Im trying to think of any changes ive made and can't think of any apart from the above and the .htaccess file.

Is there anything i need to ask my host provider?

thanks again for getting too me :-) really need the help on this one!

hi

not sure we are getting all the information here. That dialgue box is in the back office yes? When you are trying to embed an image into a product description? How has that affected all your 3 years work. All ot would do is prevent you from adding an image to that product descrption

More details required. Please tell us exactly what you are trying to do, where you are doing it. is it affecting your front office (Shop) etc

its ok now i think! Ive just disabled the last two products i added as i addeed images to these and it seems to have made the text editor work again. How can this be? is it related to image size, image file name, image extenstions? im using png files and jpg at a size of 150x150

Its come back again now! blank screen :-( any clues whats going on here? im using opera! one sec it works the next it dosent its doing the same with the comments module too! one min the correct pictures go to Fb the next they dont! Could this be anything to do with catch in prestashop or url re write?

I updated to prestashop 1.4.9 from 1.4.6.2 and everything went well. Then I updated to 1.5.2 and I tried to purchase an item and it was giving free shipping and Paypal had been removed and so had my carrier. So I reverted to 1.4.9 and when It was finished it was "successful" but as I refreshed the page it was just blank. So I thought I would give it some time. A day went by and nothing. I started to get worries yesterday, on Sunday, but I knew there was nothing I could do on the weekend. Anyway, there is no way I can fix anything since I don't have a back office. What can I do?

Edited by barajaj (see edit history)

I updated to prestashop 1.4.9 from 1.4.6 and everything went well. Then I updated to 1.5.2 and I tried to purchase an item and it was giving free shipping and Paypal had been removed and so had my carrier. So I reverted to 1.4.9 and when It was finished it was "successful" but as I refreshed the page it was just blank. So I thought I would give it some time. A day went by and nothing. I started to get worries yesterday, on Sunday, but I knew there was nothing I could do on the weekend. Anyway, there is no way I can fix anything since I don't have a back office. What can I do?

The last time my site was working properly was Saturday, December 8. The last thing I did was the 1-click upgrade from 1.4.6 to 1.4.9 and then to 1.5.2 but since that version was missing some of my major modules like payment and shipping I reverted to 1.4.9

Your site link seems to be disp[laying the Magento logo? How does that fit in?

Can you ask your host if they can restore the site to an earlier date?

Hello barajaj, thank you for this information. It is strange that all your data was seemingly lost, but you could just use your backup that you created before you upgraded to another version. That way you can be for certain that no matter what happens, you still have your important data and files/settings/orders/customers. If you have a working and confirmed backup of your database tables and PrestaShop files, you can be sure that you won't lose anything.

ok, now there seems to be an error. It displays a 404 error

the first file is displayed when http://www.wheretemptationsbegin.com is entered in the address bar

the second file only seems to show up under http://www.wheretemp...merce/index.php

I am not sure what directories I need but this is what my page shows. I have contacted my web host and unfortunately the only do backups of the day prior. I would like to get rid of prestashop as soon as I can fix this problem.

Sebkos, Thank you for your help.

Still need a fix for this img url missing. So far ive fig its related to the .htaccess file every time i add the this code to it

suPHP_ConfigPath /home/?????/public_html
<Files php.ini>
order allow,deny
deny from all
</Files>

the text editor stops working. Can anyone please help me out ive been in contact with host who say the code is correct and that somthing prestashop as added is causing the promble.