[SOLVED] Can't Login After Upgrade to 1.5.2 using 1-Click Autoupgrade

I need help urgently. I recently tried using 1-Click-Autoupgrade to upgrade my PS 1.4.4.1 to 1.5.2 and it gave me errors. After a few tries, then it worked.

Out of nowhere, it kicked me out from my PS Back Office, and I was presented with a Admin Login Page. I keyed in my password and login multiple times and it auto-redicrect me back to the Admin Login Page and I can't access it.

Without being able to login to my Back Office, I can't do rollback and now my shop is at maintenance mode, and my clients won't be able to go in. Furthermore, I have backed up my Database and Home Directory in cPanel but when I did a restore, nothing seem to work. Can someone please tell me how can I do it?

Is it possible to do a fresh install of PS 1.5.2 and then I migrate the public_html folder back into the directory for my products and themes are in there.

PLEASE HELP.

Hi Benjamin,

Ok, here are the things I have done.

1. In my cPanel, I backed up using the "Backups" function of everything. Now I realized that backup file *.tar.gz is not meant to for restore.

2. In the cPanel, I used the "Back up Wizards" to backup Home Director, MySQL Database ,Email forwarders configuratio, and Email filters configuration.

3. Then I went back to Back Up Wizards and use the Restore function to restore Home Directory and MySQL Database.

Unfortunately that didn't work. I am running out of ideas.

I am currently trying to download the whole public_html folder using FTP.

Can you help me with this?

• 4 weeks later...

hi everybody,

for the bug : customers can't login at the front office, maybe you can try this, it works for me. i'm using prestashop 1.5.2 custom theme

1. go into BO > Advance Parameters > Performance > at the "smarty" settings, choose the middle option : Recompile templates if the files have been updated, and then save the settings.

2. go to any browser that you used to access FO, clear all the history, cookies, cache, etc ( but don't delete saved password ), and try to access the login page... enter the user pass... and it should works...

if you still can't login... don't close the page, stay on the login page... and then try to clear the browsing data again (but keep the password saved, don't delete it) and try to login again...

i don't know why customers can't login to FO, i'm just new user of prestashop, even with the fresh install browser (chrome) it won't login either. hope this bug fixed with the next update...

just give it a try... nothing to lose right :)

Edited by sandysasmita (see edit history)

Hi sandysasmita,

Thanks! I have tried that method. I am using prestashop 1.4.9 and I have force recompiled on the smarty thing under Performance. And I have cleared my cookies and browsing history, etc. When I login, it brought me to /authentication page and then just become blank.

Nothing at all. I have tried multiple times and it didn't work.

Hi sandysasmita,

Thanks! I have tried that method. I am using prestashop 1.4.9 and I have force recompiled on the smarty thing under Performance. And I have cleared my cookies and browsing history, etc. When I login, it brought me to /authentication page and then just become blank.

Nothing at all. I have tried multiple times and it didn't work.

hi adrianang, i never test the "force recompiled" option... well, you have different version of prestashop, maybe it doesn't work for you adrianang... :)

hello again... :)

i solved the login problem, first you have to change address in SEO URL from www.domainname.com to domainname.com (delete the www.) and after change it... set the friendly URL to "NO" and then try to go to your website, if it works, it should be http://domainname.com/index.php in the address bar, without any error or "page not found" and then try to login again... it quite bit slow when you're not using "friendly URL", but just try to login first... if it works normally, then you can use "friendly URL" again... hope this works for you :) ... if something wrong ... just change the settings like you used before,

NOTE: i'm not responsible for this method, and i'm not guarantee this method works 100%... i'm just try to help you fixed this problem... (it works for me without clearing any browsing data/cookies) if you affraid of the risk, please don't do it... :)

do it with your own risk :)

best regards,

sandy sasmita

• 4 months later...

Hello.

I had the same problem and I solved it cleanning the cache of the web navigator, the navegation history and all cookies.

Try it and tell us.

Perfect. I was having a similar problem, where it seemed that the autoupgrade from 1.4.10.0 to 1.5.4.1 went smoothly, but I could not log into my back office. the login screen just blinked when I entered my credentials. Clearing cookies did it for me!

Thanks for the suggestion.

• 3 months later...

Perfect. I was having a similar problem, where it seemed that the autoupgrade from 1.4.10.0 to 1.5.4.1 went smoothly, but I could not log into my back office. the login screen just blinked when I entered my credentials. Clearing cookies did it for me!

Thanks for the suggestion.

I'm happy that we could help, let me go ahead and mark this as SOLVED. Thank you for choosing PrestaShop!

• 1 year later...