A Little Quick Advice on Inventory

Hello all,

I need a better solution for inventory management than what Prestashop offers. Here's my scenario:

Every week I take a print out from Simply Accounting with inventory counts and price changes for Prestashop. I then have to go into each products page in the BO and click multiple tabs to change these two things. With a store with over six hundred items this is becoming cumbersome.

What I would like to find is a solution to do this better. We've tried Shop Manager from eMagicone but according to their staff it can't do what I need (also not mentioned in the manual). I found a way to maybe get it to work but I think I actually screwed up my inventory. So is there a product that is designed to help me update my Prestashop inventory and prices that would be appropriate to be done on a weekly to no more than monthly basis?

Thank you for your time.

I don't know Simply accounting, but can you not export those figures as a CSV file then import

I import CSV files weekly to update prices and stock on over 1000 products

Hello, you can try out the PrestaShop Store Manager here, http://www.prestasho...m/free-download . It might make it easier for you.

Benjamin,

Thank you for the suggestion but as I mentioned in my post, we've already tried that solution. According to the documentation and the staff at eMagicOne the product can not do what I need. Also, it's quite poorly designed in that it is confusing, difficult and ultimately impossible to do simple tasks using their software. I'm honestly not sure who their target market is.

• Like 2

I don't know Simply accounting, but can you not export those figures as a CSV file then import

I import CSV files weekly to update prices and stock on over 1000 products

Haylau,

Thank you for the suggestion. Unfortunately Simply Accounting does not support exporting that data. I can create reports and export those to Excel.

Haylau,

Thank you for the suggestion. Unfortunately Simply Accounting does not support exporting that data. I can create reports and export those to Excel.

If you can get the info in Excel, then you have it in CSV..

When the data is in Excel, simply choose File > Save As then change the file type to CSV

If you can get the info in Excel, then you have it in CSV..

When the data is in Excel, simply choose File > Save As then change the file type to CSV

Thank you haylau,

Perhaps you could help to illuminate the process a little more for me as I don't want to accidentally wipe my database. I see the CSV import option in the menu and it looks relatively straight forward. My concern is, without a template how will this import work? I will of course start with a backup of the database but does the imported file need to be formatted a certain way or will Prestashop give me the opertunity to clean things up first? Any advice or warnings you can provide would be appreciated as well.

Thank you again.

There really is no cleaning up to do if the products are already there

Put your data from Simply into Excel

The CSV file only needs Name of product (make sure it matches exactly what is already in Presta), then have say the quantity and price. I like also to have the reference number

So really on;y three or four columns are needed (I use a lot more so that I can update descriptions etc, but there is no need when getting started)

Once you have your three or four columns in Excel, delete all the rows except the titles and ONE product. Then Save as CSV file

This way you are seeing what happens with only one product so no great shakes if things ggo wrong

During the upload process you get to match the column titles you are importing to the ones in Presta, (Make sure you tell it to miss the first row - the titles)

then jsut let it do it's thing

It gets more complex if you want to use it to add products and images and features, but if you are only updating quantities and prices then it is fairly straightforward

Hello Bullywug,

Please, specify what exactly didn't work for you while managing your inventory via Store Manager for PrestaShop. In this way we and other forum users can get the better understanding of what exactly you'd like to be done and offer you possible solution.

We value the comments and opinion of our customers and try to do all possible to meet your requirements.

• 5 weeks later...

Dear Maria,

I appreciate that this is your companies product and as a business owner I recognize the value of customer feedback. Unfortunately, I am quite busy reparing the damage your data transfer caused so I don't really have a lot of good will toward your company as it stands. Since this thread isn't really about your product in particular but more about finding a better solution that works as advertised I feel it would be inappropriate to discuss your product further in this thread.

Dear Maria,

I am aware of that. That's how I got the refund after I realized the product couldn't do what I needed it too. There should actually be a support request where one of your employees kindly explained to me that your software didn't meet my needs and refunded my purchase but that's neither here nor there and has nothing to do with this topic so I would like to move past this and find solutions rather than dwelling on past failures. :rolleyes:

I would further like to explain that I found what looked to be an excellent module for this purpose called DMU Quick Admin of your product database. I thought for sure I'd found my solution. Unfortunately I must now warn people off from this product. It is an unfortunate flaw in the design of Prestashop's add on store that it doesn't allow users to read or view individual ratings to know why other users rated it the way they did but I digress.

The module is only about half to 2/3 translated with buttons and various texts still in French (I think). The version I used could not adjust prices or stock of any product which had combinations associated with it (and in my store that's most). There were numerous buttons that did not work. Emails to the developer went unanswered after I had actually purchased the module and I had to turn to Prestashop for support who in their defense did provide me with a full refund. So I wanted to caution other users against this module. I would rely on the reviews but as I mentioned you can't see them and what's more, I can't alter mine after I post it to revise it if something changed.

I've not been able to use the import method that haylau suggested because it requires that all names match so I have to spend the time to go through once and check the descriptions. I'm interested in how this is going to work with products with combinations but from what I've seen this is my only option. If I find something better I'll update, otherwise I'll update once I can try out the import.