1.5.2 Slow Page Load Times

I upgraded to 1.5.2, but the front office page load times are really really slow. At the time of upgrade, pages were loaded in 2-3 seconds... now they're taking 8-30 seconds to load, and sometimes kicking out with 500 errors due I suspect to exceeding the allowed max execution time. Occassionally the site will speed up, but then slows right down again. I'm on godaddy shared Linux hosting. I'd move to another host, but the client has a ton of emails set up on this one, and the old version of Prestashop was pretty fast, so I'm thinking there could be a config issue somewhere. The only 1.5.2 non-native modules I have installed are Paypal and UPScarrier, but both seem to be working after upgrading them under the Modules tab. I have no idea what could be causing such drastic variances in page load time, but I really need to get it figured out as my client isn't a happy camper. So you know, I did add Rewrite Base and Options +FollowSymLinks to .htaccess, and updated Cart.php to the latest from the SVN. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

I have similar problems. 10-30 seconds elapse before the page is loaded. I'm using SSL and the query time is horrible. Hungarian server or dedicated bandwidth to other pages quickly. 100 products do not filled to 2000 or 3000th

Moreover, it happened several times to "shut down" the page. Is filled with the products, and as if it would be too much to ask. 3-5min is again available with all menus, so the whole page is loaded. Until then, it just "trying to get new information"

Please help me.

I don't seem to be having slow issues either.

Maybe try these to see if it will give hints as to what is slowing up your load times:

Pingdom

YSlow

Is it only on the first page load? If you go back to that same page in a minute, does it load faster?

I've noticed that going back to a page almost loads instantly for me but the first time takes a few seconds.

My Zopim module slows my site down by a few seconds. If I disable it, it's noticeably faster.

Edited by bside2234 (see edit history)

Is it only on the first page load? If you go back to that same page in a minute, does it load faster?

I've noticed that going back to a page almost loads instantly for me but the first time takes a few seconds.

My Zopim module slows my site down by a few seconds. If I disable it, it's noticeably faster.

No. It's pretty much every page. Even adding things to the cart takes forever. It just hangs, and then 20 seconds later the item slides over to the cart. Driving me nuts. I'll try Pingdom and YSlow now. Hopefully they'll give me some clue as to what's going on. I called Godaddy, and they claim that it's not a server traffic, bandwidth, or database issue on their end, though just because they say that doesn't necessarily make it true. Thanks for the ideas bside. I'll let you know what I find out.

I've been through everything I can find... still the same problem. I've disabled all the front office modules. Deleted and regenerated the cache. I tried a hundred different htaccess and php5.ini variations. I tried to do the subdomain as media server optimization tip, but the page was breaking down when switching between http and https, so I had to nix it. I've used YSlow and Pingdom, but they don't tell me much. The content seems to be delivered quickly when it is delivered, but there is the long bar, often in the range of 8-25 seconds, which is just marked "waiting." I don't know if it's a malformed http request or if it's a database issue. I tried increasing the mysql cached size to 256*1024*1024, but it wouldn't let me. I edited the block_categories.tpl and categories.php files according to another post which indicated that they could slow pages by caching more data than necessary. What's most agitating is that the pages comes up... no errors. I just have to wait forever. And this is for pretty much all front office actions... adding to cart, deleting from cart, etc. And yet, on a rare occassion, everything is blazing fast for like 5 minutes. I get all excited thinking I fixed something, only to have the site slow back down again. Back office is quicker. Not sure why that would be, but I've spent an obscene amount of time trying to diagnose this, so if anyone has any ideas, let me know.

Having, I believe, the same issue.

Called my hosting provider as well, given same reply as richc. Everything should be working, although they also could see issues with the PS 1.5 shop domain.

On pingdom I get 2-4sec response time on my 16 NON-PS1.5 domains, I get everything from 6-60sec on my PS1.5 shop.

But unlike at least another poster, It is not just on frontend I have the issue. Backend is just as slow

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

im having issues with my modules page, it wont load! i open up my network history and no traffic is showing up while module page keeps loading.. i even changed my config file to see if i get any errors and i received none! can some tell me what is going on here.. did i dlelete something that should of been deleted? :blink:

Hi guys, i used to have the same type of issues you seem to be having and here were my steps to reduce load time (not sure which one works best or if some are useless i just went through al my options :

-uninstall the stats modules (they are buggy as hell and cause heavy load times)

-comment on the caching of blockcategories so that smarty doesnt take it into account (same thing, smarty and the blockcategories just doesnt work , it throws that line 281 error or causes 500 errors)

-Get rid of ETags via the htaccess, most of them are redundant.

-set up cdn's for your static content (subdomains linking to your /img/ , /css/, /js/ and /themes/ directories , then tell prestashop to pull the pictures from the cdns instead of requesting them all in one block (http transfers are capped at 8 connections, basically the cdn will mutiply that)

-tweake your htaccess with server-specific commands towards DEFLATE and expiry times

-obviously the "regular" stuff like optimizing images, deleting all the 404 elements using tools like webpagetest, pingdom or other stuff.

last but not least, try other hosters. We used to be hosted by OVH, and even after all my changes i was still over 4 seconds (3-5 seconds) so i changed the host and now i'm hovering under 1 sec.

Hope it helps .

Adem

Try to enable APC cache or Memcached.

If templates are compiled in the request should be faster.

Same problem but worse on back office with load times of 25 seconds.

Firebug enabled on browsing homepage says:

FB.getLoginStatus() called before calling FB.init().

Comments from Prestashop development team please?

• Like 1

Make sure caching is enabled properly.

When multistore is enabled, the cache settings can be quite buggy. Make sure that cache is enabled for each and every store context you can configure (all stores, shop groups, single store). Wrong / buggy settings caused slow loading times before as well for some of my multistore domains.

Enable profiling (see defines.inc.php) to see wether or not slow queries are the problem.

it has nothing to do with my with my site.. it has to do with my module page which is not loading.. i came to notice that my header and footer where deleted from my admin folder (which im not sure why they were) but this all started when i upgraded my paypal module and then deleted it and decided to go with the old version..

it has nothing to do with my with my site.. it has to do with my module page which is not loading.. i came to notice that my header and footer where deleted from my admin folder (which im not sure why they were) but this all started when i upgraded my paypal module and then deleted it and decided to go with the old version..

yes, you would know better...good luck

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Im having the same issue very slow response time 6 to 7 seconds server overloading. Is there anyway to optimise this query to be less resource intensive. Its in classes/Product.php My host says its a query overloading the database: 

"SELECT p.*, product_shop.*, stock.out_of_stock, IFNULL(stock.quantity, 0) as quantity, pl.`description`, pl.`description_short`, MAX(product_attribute_shop.id_product_attribute) id_product_attribute,

pl.`link_rewrite`, pl.`meta_description`, pl.`meta_keywords`, pl.`meta_title`,
pl.`name`, MAX(image_shop.`id_image`) id_image, il.`legend`, m.`name` AS manufacturer_name,
DATEDIFF(
p.`date_add`,
DATE_SUB(
NOW(),
INTERVAL '.(Validate::isUnsignedInt(Configuration::get('PS_NB_DAYS_NEW_PRODUCT')) ? Configuration::get('PS_NB_DAYS_NEW_PRODUCT') : 20).' DAY
)
) > 0 AS new
FROM `'._DB_PREFIX_.'product` p
'.Shop::addSqlAssociation('product', 'p').'
LEFT JOIN '._DB_PREFIX_.'product_attribute pa ON (pa.id_product = p.id_product)
'.Shop::addSqlAssociation('product_attribute', 'pa', false, 'product_attribute_shop.default_on=1').'
'.Product::sqlStock('p', 0, false, $context->shop).'
LEFT JOIN `'._DB_PREFIX_.'product_lang` pl ON (
p.`id_product` = pl.`id_product`
AND pl.`id_lang` = '.(int)$id_lang.Shop::addSqlRestrictionOnLang('pl').'
)
LEFT JOIN `'._DB_PREFIX_.'image` i ON (i.`id_product` = p.`id_product`)'.
Shop::addSqlAssociation('image', 'i', false, 'image_shop.cover=1').'
LEFT JOIN `'._DB_PREFIX_.'image_lang` il ON (i.`id_image` = il.`id_image` AND il.`id_lang` = '.(int)$id_lang.')
LEFT JOIN `'._DB_PREFIX_.'manufacturer` m ON (m.`id_manufacturer` = p.`id_manufacturer`)
WHERE product_shop.`active` = 1
AND product_shop.`show_price` = 1
'.($front ? ' AND p.`visibility` IN ("both", "catalog")' : '').'
'.((!$beginning && !$ending) ? ' AND p.`id_product` IN ('.((is_array($tab_id_product) && count($tab_id_product)) ? implode(', ', $tab_id_product) : 0).')' : '').'
AND p.`id_product` IN (
SELECT cp.`id_product`
FROM `'._DB_PREFIX_.'category_group` cg
LEFT JOIN `'._DB_PREFIX_.'category_product` cp ON (cp.`id_category` = cg.`id_category`)
WHERE cg.`id_group` '.$sql_groups.'
)
GROUP BY product_shop.id_product
ORDER BY '.(isset($order_by_prefix) ? pSQL($order_by_prefix).'.' : '').pSQL($order_by).' '.pSQL($order_way).'
LIMIT '.(int)($page_number * $nb_products).', '.(int)$nb_products;"

• 1 year later...

I don't seem to be having slow issues either.

Maybe try these to see if it will give hints as to what is slowing up your load times:

Pingdom

YSlow

We have also experienced Zopim to slow the site down a few seconds on other platforms as well.  If anyone are conserned that Zopim is causes this, just try to load your page at http://www.webpagetest.org then you can see exactly what element on your site that is causesing the problem. My experience is, that is mostly are due to 3-part files that needs to be loaded.

You can also use Google PageSpeed Insights to see how you can optimize your speed.

Sincerely

Forsikringsportalen teamet