Database Already Exists on a Clean Install?

Hello,

This ordeal started 3 days ago and I can't get Prestashop to install.

I bought a 1.4.3 template. I am trying to install that version of Prestashop. I've never used Prestashop before so this is a brand new install.

I created my database name and password went to the install folder on my domain and the installer actually adds tables to the database but then gives me the error:

A Prestashop database already exists, please drop it or change the prefix.

I made a new database, new username, changed the table prefix to be longer and tried the install again. Same error.

I deleted everything -- database, 1.4.3 files and started from scratch. Same problem.

I've contacted my host (JaguarPC) and they can't figure it out. They do have Prestashop installers but it's for the latest version. Of course, I'm stuck with a 1.4.3 version that template monster wanted to charge me $350 to upgrade -- more than 3 times what I paid for it off their site.

I am completely stuck on the install. Please help!

I've included a screenshot with an arrow pointing to the error I continue to get.

post-427412-0-95767300-1352391604_thumb.jpg

vekia - My database is empty when I start. I'm checking in phpmyadmin and there are no tables but they are created when Prestashop attempts the install. I've even dropped databases completely and started fresh -- completely different database name. I've repeated this about a dozen times and get the same error. Although I get this error and can't move to the Shop Configuration page at all, the tables are being put into the database. I can even visit my main URL and see the default theme storefront.

I've put the zip I downloaded from Prestashop.com in my Cpanel and extracted the files. I also tried extracting locally and uploading them through Filezilla. I'm not using the Prestashop installer on the hosting panel since it wants to install 1.5 and my template is 1.4.3.

clayton29657 - Shared hosting account. The person who's been working with me over there since yesterday is Anoop.

Clayton - I got an email from Anoop who said he tried an install on my server and got to the Shop Configuration page but then the page hung. Ironically enough, I tried to install Prestashop v. 1.4.4. and then 1.4.9 on 2 other domains I have on the same server and they gave the same error -- no Prestashop versions on those shops either and brand new databases I made up to try it out as a test. I passed this on to Anoop and he told me they don't handle scripting errors because it must be a Prestashop proble,. But this can't be a Prestashop prob with 3 different versions on 3 different domains now giving the same problem.

I haven't even gotten to the point of trying out my theme, btw. Haven't even installed it. It's still sitting in the box on my desktop, so-to-speak. I can't get past the Prestashop install to even upload my theme.

I know this is probably a dumb question but is there a way to try the one-click install JaguarPC has for Prestashop and revert it to an earlier version?

Or, are there files I can manually edit on the 1.4.3 install to setup my shop since it seems to be putting the tables in place in the database?