[Help Needed] Making Changes to the Footer but Can't!

Dear all,

I am trying to make changes to the footer section of my Prestashop. Personally, I do not like the theme of the footer of my shop which has "Money Back, Exchange In-Store, Payment Upon Shipment, Free Shipping, 100% Secured Payment" and I would like to remove those things.

How to remove them?

Then, I would like to make some changes to those links at the footer sections. I want to put the images of "Payment Accepted" such as Visa, Master Card, Logo of Banks in the footer section, how to do it?

Desperately need help here, please share some light if you have idea. Thanks. :)

This is the link to my underdevelopment shop:

http://articlepinger.com/presta/index.php

what you exactly want to add to footer section and where? :)

Hi Vekia,

I would like to have Payment Images (Logo of PayPal, Banks, VISA, Mastercard etc.) at the footer.

You can look at this site's footer section. They have "Payment Method" and "Verified Service".

http://www.lazada.com.my/

How to make the things in footer moveable? It would be easier if it is possible to move items in the footer round using "Live Edit".

Another thing is that when I Enable CategoriesBlock, "Categories" will appear on the left sidebar and it appears again in the footer. How to make categories appear only in left sidebar but not appear in footer again?

Thanks

the solution is in my module but you must know something about coding in html :)

module is absolutely free and you can download it from site: html block for prestashop. WIth this module you can add some code to the footer section. By this way you can add box with payment methods and box with verification or something else, your imagination is the limit ;)

To replace modules in footer section go to you back office of shop, go to modules tab and to positions subsection.

find out "footer" position and there you can change the module position or remove modules. So, you can remove categories block from footer by clickin on thrash icon

• Like 1

you want to use newsletter module or some external solution?

To replace modules in footer section go to you back office of shop, go to modules tab and to positions subsection.

find out "footer" position and there you can change the module position or remove modules. So, you can remove categories block from footer by clickin on thrash icon

so go to the "position" page and delete categories from "footer" section by clicking on thrash icon

• Like 1

Hi vekia,

The problem is that there is no "Trash" button for all my footer items.

dont use live edit. I said in my posts that you must go to the modules -> positions section. You've got there a completly list of hooks used in your shop. You must find there "footer" section and delete "categories" module from it.

Edited by vekia (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Ok, noted. How to edit the sidebar left "INFORMATION"? I want to change the "INFORMATION" to "TIPS"

this is blockcms module, just open the blockcms.tpl file located in modules/blockcms/ directory and edit line:

<h4>{l s='Information' mod='blockcms'}</h4>

this is line number 49

this is blockcms module, just open the blockcms.tpl file located in modules/blockcms/ directory and edit line:

<h4>{l s='Information' mod='blockcms'}</h4>

this is line number 49

The correct way to change this would be in Localization -> Translations... Select "Installed Modules Translations" from the drop down and click on the language icon you are trying to change the wording for (looks to be USA flag for your case above). Find the "Information Block" module and change it there.

You can change the heading of the CMS block just by adding the titile you want in the CMS block configuration no need to change translations or alter any code.

Just go to modules Block CMS and click on configure then click the pencil to the right of home in the List of left CMS blocks section and enter the name you want to appear in the header of the CMS block in the front office.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

how to change the order in footer menus... for example i have 1.about us, 2.contact us, 3.sitemap   , now i want shuffle these like 1.sitemap, 2.about us, 3. contact us... fully tried with the live edit and position changing and hooks etc...not able to do this please give me a soluion