How can I upload .swf for products?

Hi,

Making a Flash file appear on the homepage is relatively easy; check out Thibaud's post here:

http://www.prestashop.com/forum/index.php/topic,1675.msg7121.html#msg7121

However, making a Flash file appear on a product page is an entirely different level of complexity.  At the moment, one cannot load Flash files via the Back Office for a product page.  To do so would require extensive development.  There are no plans for the dev team to develop such functionality in the foreseeable future.

If you wish to contact us for an estimate on developing this functionality, please sent us an e-mail at contact [at] prestashop.com.

Otherwise this might be a good project for the PrestaShop Community to develop together here via the Forum?

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your reply.  I thought we just need to add .swf when the program accept the file extension which is same as .jpg, .gif .... etc. 

I hope Perstashop can include this in the future version  ;)

Thanks,

Hebee

• 3 months later...

you have a swf file for each product?
in this case modify product.tpl and add the code
flash embeding code only instead of the swf filename add {$product->id}.swf and rename each swf with the product id coresponding.
if you want to add the flash instead of the images, just replace the images loading code with what I said and everything will work
if you have more swf files for a product and want too add them all with a small screenshot instead of images just do this:
in product.tpl instead of the

• Like 1