Can't login after installation

I want to install a testing enviroment on one of our shared hosting plans, in a subdirectory mydomain.com/prestashop.

I downloaded the package and open it on Windows. I tried copying the contents to the desktop, but there was an error "The system cannot find the file specified". Weird, but I'm resourceful, so I uploaded the zip file to the server and then connected to the server via SSH and unzipped it in the server.

I then went through the installation wizard. I created the database on Cpanel and added the credentials on the installation wizard. I tested the database connection and it was working. I tested the email below, it was not.

I then followed the instructions and changed the name of the admin folder and deleted the install folder.

And then I get this error message:

There is 1 error

1. Employee does not exist or password is incorrect.

I don't understand. This are the same credentials I just entered into the installation wizard. Maybe I mistyped? So, I click the forgot password link and I get

There is 1 error

1. This account does not exist

So, then I'm thinking I must have done something wrong somewhere along the way. I delete the whole installation, delete the database and do the whole process all over again. Same result.

Thank you. I checked the _employee table and indeed there is my emailed address and password (hashed)

I then uninstalled and reinstalled using SimpleScripts and same problem even copying and pasting from the email i received from SimpleScripts

I tried a few other things and then randomly decided to open in Google Chrome and it works in Google Chrome. So, its a problem to do with Firefox. Very odd.