[SOLVED] "State" Field Not Visible in Addresses

Hi All

I upgraded a shop to 1.5.1 and am currently testing.

I was just about to go live when I noticed a problem with States.

States are enabled and correct but don't display in customer's orders or in the "Customers Addresses" section in my back office.

The displayed fields are:

ID

First name

Last name

Address

Postal Code/Zip Code

City

Country

Actions

There is an option to "Set required Fields for This Section" but "id_state" doesn't appear in the available options.

I've looked through all configuration settings and everything looks fine but can't find any way to get the "id_state" to show (see image).

The fields are present and correct in the database and are populated.

New customer registrations allow the state field to be entered

Anyone have thoughts as to how to fix it?

Thanks

deepee

post-33666-0-06698000-1350681760_thumb.jpg

Edited by deepee (see edit history)

There is an option to "Set required Fields for This Section" but "id_state" doesn't appear in the available options.

You misunderstand the purpose of this functionality. Fields checked under that setting will be required when you are entering a new address in the back office manually

To add the state to the displayed table you will need to modify (not recommended) /controllers/admin/AdminAddressesController.php $fields_list array to include state, but beware that not all addresses have states.

Marty Shue

Then how can I get the States to display in customer's orders, order emails, etc?

This is a function of each county's setup (and how it is done did not change in 1.5 but maybe defaults are different) See this image for how to display address elements for each country in orders, emails etc. However, this setting will have no effect on which columns are displayed in the BO customers tab.

Marty Shue

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've done several suggestions but still no solution. I've added the 'var' for the authentication.tpl file.. I've renamed themes to themes2 and uploaded the downloaded 1.5.2 version (plus added 'var' to authentication.tpl file as well) but still have troubles as well as errors in IE8

I get a Identification number field instead:

nostate.jpg

• 11 months later...

This is a function of each county's setup (and how it is done did not change in 1.5 but maybe defaults are different) See this image for how to display address elements for each country in orders, emails etc. However, this setting will have no effect on which columns are displayed in the BO customers tab.

Marty Shue

Hi Marty,

The image no longer exists but I assume you were referring to the country's individual settings.

Well, I have my 'Contains states' enabled and also have STATES set in the 'Address format'. But still it does not show in the 'Customers Addresses' section.

Any idea why and how to fix it??

PS: Im using PS 1.5.2

Edited by Aldi M (see edit history)

• 4 months later...

Can anyone assist with this problem?
There is no state drop down option for any country in the FO but it is, thank fully, in the BO. This problem effects all new account registrars. I have opened a test account in the BO (where the state drop down works fine) due to the fact that I cannot create the account in the FO (Error: "This country requires you to choose a state"). But now, after having created the account and address in the BO) when I try to proceed with the check out (and the correct address and state as created in the BO) I get an error with no carriers available.

The website is www.adornbybedight.co.za

I was suppose to go live with my site 2 weeks ago and cannot do that until this problem has been solved.

• 1 month later...

Hi all,
It's interesting to do debugging

My website is having the same problem
Some Address Fields are not shown (Name, Company, Address, Country, State, City)

It's only displaying Field : Post Code, Additional Info, Telp, Address reference
either when New user creation or Update the address of existing user
It's utilized Prestashop 1.5.6

I've tried some resolutions, but no change
These are :
1. check the source code of Address.tpl, Addresses.tpl. Authentication.tpl & comparing with the default code, no differences. then I replaced with the default code but the problem still come up
2. Check & edit Authentication.tpl by adding "var" as suggested on other forum
3. Clear the smarty cache & refresh the website

Would you kindly advice me how to fix the problem ?

Thank you,

Edited by evan13 (see edit history)

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I  am having a problem after upgrading to version 1.6.1 where in the checkout the drop down menu for state has no selection just a dash,  at Jointsystems.com?  

hello usengines,, have u solve this error ?

i have this problem too

if u have.. how do you fixed it ?

thanks man

Edited by jbhamers (see edit history)