install Prestashop 1.5.1 error when writing tables 38% and stop

Hi guys,

I have installed dusins of prestashops, but now im trying the 1.5.1 and when i install it, and it writes the database tables, on 38% i get this messages.

Populate database tables

An error occured during installation...

You can use the links on the left column to go back to the previous steps, or restart the installation process by clicking here.

I have changed the database names, renamed, deleted created. i am out of good ideas how to solve this ?

what have happened from 1.4.7 which is the last version i installed.

Kind regards

Donner

Hi guys,

I have installed dusins of prestashops, but now im trying the 1.5.1 and when i install it, and it writes the database tables, on 38% i get this messages.

Populate database tables

You can use the links on the left column to go back to the previous steps, or restart the installation process by clicking here.

I have changed the database names, renamed, deleted created. i am out of good ideas how to solve this ?

what have happened from 1.4.7 which is the last version i installed.

Kind regards

Donner

you have an access to error logs in your apache (or other) web server?

try also to turn on error reporting in prestashop, maybe you can catch what's exactly wrong in this installation point

i use PHP MyAdmin 3.5.1

how do i access the error log ?

you can find error_log files in your ftp account (If your ISP provides this service).

If your provider doesn't provide an acces to error logs, try to:

try also to turn on error reporting in prestashop, maybe you can catch what's exactly wrong in this installation point

and try to install prestashop again, when something goes wrong, you should get detailed information about the error

Edited by vekia (see edit history)

Hello Donner, to turn on Error Reporting you can visit vekia's page here

Please be in contact with your hosting provider, they can tell you how to view to error log for more information. We can then better assist you with detailed error information. These two errors are different. One is a PrestaShop Error log, another is a Server Error log (contact hosting provider if you are unsure how to view)

I have same problem, it stop at 34%, I am using a very popular hosting account and I have expirience installing databases. This is my first time using PrestaShop. I have installed Zen, AbanteCart, Joomla, Drupal, Wordpress, and never have any problems. PrestaShop must look into this issue and should stop blaming the hosting companies.

This is the error I get:

You can use the links on the left column to go back to the previous steps, or restart the installation process by

post-411026-0-28595200-1350136768_thumb.jpg

set 777 permission to img folder and files recursively, delete all table in database and reinstall it

This is not working for me, I even created a new Database with new prefix and set img folder and files to 777 and still I am getting the error.

any other ideas please.

set 777 permission to img folder and files recursively, delete all table in database and reinstall it

This is not working for me, I even created a new Database with new prefix and set img folder and files to 777 and still I am getting the error.

any other ideas please.

Same for me.

It can not be the hosts problems as earlier told

• 3 weeks later...

I gave on v1.5.1 up and installed version 1.4.9 is running fine.

I too had the exact same problem .. getting stuck at 'Populate database tables' step and then nothing can break this deadlock. I think I too will have to go back to 1.4.9 as there doesn't seem to be any solution out there for this problem.

Goodbye 1.5.x !!!! It was good till it lasted :)

----

Oh btw .. where can I download v1.4.9 ??

Edited by tarunb999 (see edit history)

I too had the exact same problem .. getting stuck at 'Populate database tables' step and then nothing can break this deadlock. I think I too will have to go back to 1.4.9 as there doesn't seem to be any solution out there for this problem.

Goodbye 1.5.x !!!! It was good till it lasted :)

----

Oh btw .. where can I download v1.4.9 ??

Found it: http://www.prestashop.com/download/old/prestashop_1.4.9.0.zip

Hello tarunb999, was this version 1.5.2 that you were getting stick at "Populate Database Tables" ?

Hi Benjamin, yes it was 1.5.2. And I didn't install it locally but on our web servers. Everything went smooth, all the green ticks but then at 38% it got stuck .. never came out of it. I tried various things ( delete database, rename prefix, change chmod etc) looking at various forums but none worked.

I haven't yet installed 1.4.9 , so if there is some advise you can give .. will try that too.

Cheers.

Thank you for this information, have you contacted your hosting provider about this issue? Is there any server error log created?

Hi Benjamin, I have not asked for any server logs as I really do not want to get into all that. I need to setup my shop asap. I think 1.4.9 will sove my purpose and will upgrade to 1.5.2 or the newer version if its feedbacks are positive.

TBH I just wanted to see if someone had solution for for this problem as many people have encountered it.. but it doesn't seem to be the case.

Hard luck !!!!

• 11 months later...