Changing the Title OUR STORES but not the functionality

Try this: on your hosting account open the root PrestaShop directory, go to modules/blockstore/blockstore.tpl, edit the blockstore.tpl file and change the second mention of Our stores in the following code:

<h4><a href="{$link->getPageLink('stores.php')}" title="{l s='Our stores' mod='blockstore'}">{l s='Our stores' mod='blockstore'}</a></h4>
<div class="block_content blockstore">

Don't forget that when you edit tpl files you need to enable the Force Compile option, so that you can see the changes on the frontend. You can do that from the back office (Preferences tab>Performance sub-tab).

This will change the title of the block. Otherwise, by modifying the stores.tpl file you can change the title of the page that's displayed when you click on the Our stores block.

Hope this helps.

Edited by hxd (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...

Much Thanks for this tip!!! I just performed the change in Prestashop 1.5xx and I needed to so badly to change 'OUR STORES' and the sub-title below the store photo "Discover Our Stores' from plural to the singular in the STORE BLOCK module. I am surprised this isn't a major and common request since it can't be changed in the Back Office no matter how much you look for a fix. The tpl file in Version 1.5xx looked a little different than the example above but I cut&pasted it here for reference. If you are new at changing web files - always make a backup of the original file before editing just in case things go wrong. I used Dreamweaver to edit the file. Just remove the two 's' letters and the result will look as the code below here when you are done. Keep in mind the photo doesn't show here and I inserted (photo was here) for reference also). Just save the edited tpl file with your changes and upload it over the existing original file and you are done. You may have to re-load the web page to see the changes.

{l s='Our store' mod='blockstore'}

(photo was here)

» {l s='Discover our store' mod='blockstore'}

• 5 months later...

I am having the same problem using 1.5.5 but no matter what I change in the .tpl file it simply will not display in the front end. I've tried everything re: force recompile, turning the store on and off clearing smarty cache but no joy!!!

This should be a simple change. I need to change the title from "our stores" to "our retailers"

HHHHEEEEEEELLLPPPPP ;0)

I am having the same problem using 1.5.5 but no matter what I change in the .tpl file it simply will not display in the front end. I've tried everything re: force recompile, turning the store on and off clearing smarty cache but no joy!!!

This should be a simple change. I need to change the title from "our stores" to "our retailers"

HHHHEEEEEEELLLPPPPP ;0)

hello

and if you remove from .tpl file function to display "our stores" it still appears there?

• 3 years later...