Server overload?

Hi,

I'm facing problem with server overload message:

The application has reached reserved amount of server's system

resources. Please contact server administrator.

This message appears is some customer is creating order and other customers are watching page content. Error message appears even on page are 3 connections only.

Do you have some idea if the problem can come from prestashop configuration?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Lubos

Hi,

I'm facing problem with server overload message:

This message appears is some customer is creating order and other customers are watching page content. Error message appears even on page are 3 connections only.

Do you have some idea if the problem can come from prestashop configuration?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Lubos

Problem isn't with prestashop but your server configuration. in reference to the number of visits your store - the server is too weak for such traffic. Tthere is also the possibility that you have disabled the cache, force compile enable or poorly written modules.

Check performance tab in back office to turn on cache and turn off force compile

Problem isn't with prestashop but your server configuration. in reference to the number of visits your store - the server is too weak for such traffic. Tthere is also the possibility that you have disabled the cache, force compile enable or poorly written modules.

Check performance tab in back office to turn on cache and turn off force compile

Hi vekia,

for sure is not a problem of:

turn on cache and turn off force compile

The shop is running in this configuration form begining.

I already contacted Web hosting provider, but he is only offering to me transfer to virtual server and of course pay more money...

:angry:

Hi vekia,

for sure is not a problem of:

The shop is running in this configuration form begining.

I already contacted Web hosting provider, but he is only offering to me transfer to virtual server and of course pay more money...

:angry:

What is the specification of your hosting? You have a big store? How big is the shop database? And how about number of visits or users online?

What is the specification of your hosting? You have a big store? How big is the shop database? And how about number of visits or users online?

Total disk space 15GB

Servers connectivity:

SIX 10 Gbps, NIX 10 Gbps, tranzit 1 Gbps

HTML, XHTML, VRML, Flash, SSI, Javascript support

Scripting support PHP 4, 5, 5.3

Scripting support ASP

Scripting support ASP.NET 1.1 - 4.0

Scripting support CGI, Perl

Support WAP (scripts WML)

TurckMMCache, eAccelerator, Zend, ionCube

Support .htaccess & mod_rewrite

WebCron (automatic scripts execution)

Disk quota for web pages 4GB

MySQL, PostgreSQL support

SQLite databases support

Max. numbers of databases MySQL, PostgreSQL - 5

Disk quota for databases 7GB

- Current Database size: 16390.8MB (quite big, not?)

- Online max 10 visitors at the same moment, but the problem is occuring even 3 visitors are online

Edited by lubosl (see edit history)

Hello, thank you for the message. A16 MB DB should not cause a server to overload. However, this is definitely a server side issue. Who is your hosting provider? What is making the server overload?? Maybe you can ask your hosting provider to investigate the situation.

exactly. 16 mb is ok. In last post he said that his database weight about 16GB ;)

I think exactly the same as you, problem is with some server side issues

• Like 1

so I discuss with the hosting provider and I did not get exact explanation why problem occured, only some possible reasons like:

- database backup (did not do)

- running scripts which are no need

- running statistics with host resolving (is off)

- wrongly tuned php scripts

and I got recomandation to check scripts which are running most frequently.

Also they noticed that server is able to cover 300 standard presentations without protection activation...

how to check scripts which are running most frequently? :)

LL

Guys, as much I'm studying this problem with server overload, I'm more and more sure it is the prestashop problem...

if some customer will start to place new order in step 2, I found this in access log repeated more than 700x this from the same IP address:

"GET /order.php?step=2 HTTP/1.1" 302 xxxxx "http://xxx/order.php" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; GTB7.4)"

This is probably causing server overload. If you will add another customers who are browsing web pages it will crash down for sure. But why this is repeating???

PLS HELP!

:)

Edited by lubosl (see edit history)

Hello lubosl, that access log report, even when repeated more than 700x from the same IP, should not cause any server overload, if that was happening with thousands of people at the same time, then maybe. It seems like a redirection loop most likely. These are still "server side" issues :( I can suggest to do do a test install on a subdomain and see if it reacts the same way.

Dear lubosl, I think the best way would be contact your Hosting Provider again about this. PrestaShop is not a large software and should not be giving your Server an overload. You should also ask your hosting provider to increase your memory_limit setting in your php.ini file.

Hello Benamin,

Regarding the memory limit, reply from provider is: Memory limit is aprox. 200-250 MB for php.

Hello lubosl, that access log report, even when repeated more than 700x from the same IP, should not cause any server overload, if that was happening with thousands of people at the same time, then maybe. It seems like a redirection loop most likely. These are still "server side" issues :( I can suggest to do do a test install on a subdomain and see if it reacts the same way.

Provider sent me some details about the overload.

He says is about CPU timing, in every 10min CPU time is set for 200sec. If this time is reached protection will be activated. Normaly the timing is 0,4 - 4sec.

I did not mention is shared server for more domains, not only one.

So can be related to redirection loops? How to check / improve? :)

many thanks!

- Current Database size: 16390.8MB (quite big, not?)

16390.8MB omg!

Too right.

A16 MB DB should not cause a server to overload.

Re-read it. It is a 16GB database, not 16MB. A shop with about 100K products with as many sales and customers should not even reach 1GB. There is some serious bloat with your DB. That is probably stats, visits, pages, carts that have been accumulating during its operation. Find someone qualified to help you to clean it. That should go a long way in restoring sane performance.

Too right.

Re-read it. It is a 16GB database, not 16MB. A shop with about 100K products with as many sales and customers should not even reach 1GB. There is some serious bloat with your DB. That is probably stats, visits, pages, carts that have been accumulating during its operation. Find someone qualified to help you to clean it. That should go a long way in restoring sane performance.

Hello phrasespot,

The DB is 16MB. I posted correction. This was a problem on web service provider side. I was checking on web administration page and the information about DB size was 16GB. But when I connect to DB admin I found DB size is 16MB.

I pointed this problem to web service provider and he made correction to his admin page.

So no problem with DB size. Is 16MB and this is correct.

L.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I face the same issue.

I am using prestashop 1.4.9 and the store has 70.000 products,

since I increase number of products I face server overload problem twice a day.

I assume search or updating product cause the error but I don;t have a clue why

any suggestions?

We have to restart MySQL in order store start working again every time.

Below are Mysql queries from the last time server was overloaded,

Any suggestions much appreciated

Thank you

| 224172 | giasemis_sbay | localhost | giasemis_sbay | Query | 17183 | Sending data | SELECT p.*, pl.`description_short`, pl.`available_now`, pl.`available_later`, pl.`link_rewrite`, pl. |

| 224175 | giasemis_sbay | localhost | giasemis_sbay | Query | 17183 | Sending data | SELECT DISTINCT p.id_product, pl.name pname, cl.name cname, cl.link_rewrite crewrite, pl.link_rewrit |

| 224177 | giasemis_sbay | localhost | giasemis_sbay | Query | 17182 | Sending data | SELECT p.*, pl`description_short`, pl.`available_now`, pl.`available_later`, pl.`link_rewrite`, pl. |

| 224181 | giasemis_sbay | localhost | giasemis_sbay | Query | 17182 | Sending data | SELECT p.*, pl.`description_short`, pl.`available_now`, pl.`available_later`, pl.`link_rewrite`, pl |

| 224182 | giasemis_sbay | localhost | giasemis_sbay | Query | 17182 | Sending data | SELECT p.*, pl.`description_short`, pl.`available_now`, pl.`available_later`, pl.`link_rewrite`, pl. |

| 224185 | giasemis_sbay | localhost | giasemis_sbay | Query | 17181 | Sending data | SELECT DISTINCT p.id_product, pl.name pname, cl.name cname, cllink_rewrite crewrite, pl.link_rewrit |

| 224186 | giasemis_sbay | localhost | giasemis_sbay | Query | 17181 | Sending data | SELECT p.*, pl.`description_short`, pl.`available_now`, pl.`available_later`, pl.`link_rewrite`, pl. |

| 224188 | giasemis_sbay | localhost | giasemis_sbay | Query | 17180 | Sending data | SELECT DISTINCT p.id_product, pl.name pname, cl.name cname, cl.link_rewrite crewrite, pl.link_rewrit |

| 224204 | giasemis_sbay | localhost | giasemis_sbay | Query | 17178 | Sending data | SELECT p.*, pl.`description_short`, pl.`available_now`, pl.`available_later`, pl.`link_rewrite`, pl. |

| 224207 | giasemis_sbay | localhost | giasemis_sbay | Query | 17178 | Sending data | SELECT DISTINCT p.id_product, pl.name pname, cl.name cname, cl.link_rewrite crewrite, pl.link_rewrit |

| 277251 | giasemis_sbay | localhost | giasemis_sbay | Query | 3170 | Sending data | SELECT p.*, pl.`description_short`, pl.`available_now`, pl.`available_later`, pl.`link_rewrite`, pl. |

| 277252 | giasemis_sbay | localhost | giasemis_sbay | Query | 3170 | Sending data | SELECT DISTINCT p.id_product, pl.name pname, cl.name cname, cl.link_rewrite crewrite, pl.link_rewrit |

| 277254 | giasemis_sbay | localhost | giasemis_sbay | Query | 3170 | Sending data | SELECT p.*, pl.`description_short`, pl.`available_now`, pl.`available_later`, pl.`link_rewrite`, pl. |

| 277255 | giasemis_sbay | localhost | giasemis_sbay | Query | 3170 | Sending data | SELECT DISTINCT p.id_product, pl.name pname, cl.name cname, cl.link_rewrite crewrite, pl.link_rewrit |

| 277256 | giasemis_sbay | localhost | giasemis_sbay | Query | 3170 | Sending data | SELECT p.*, pl.`description_short`, pl.`available_now`, pl.`available_later`, pl.`link_rewrite`, pl. |

| 277282 | giasemis_sbay | localhost | giasemis_sbay | Query | 3160 | Sending data | SELECT p.*, pl.`description_short`, pl.`available_now`, pl.`available_later`, pl.`link_rewrite`, pl. |

| 277369 | giasemis_sbay | localhost | giasemis_sbay | Query | 3132 | Sending data | SELECT DISTINCT p.id_product, pl.name pname, cl.name cname, cl.link_rewrite crewrite, pl.link_rewrit |

| 277379 | giasemis_sbay | localhost | giasemis_sbay | Query | 3128 | Sending data | SELECT p.*, pl.`description_short`, pl.`available_now`, pl.`available_later`, pl.`link_rewrite`, pl. |

| 277383 | giasemis_sbay | localhost | giasemis_sbay | Query | 3128 | Sending data | SELECT p.*, pl.`description_short`, pl.`available_now`, pl.`available_later`, pl.`link_rewrite`, pl. |

| 277416 | giasemis_sbay | localhost | giasemis_sbay | Query | 3120 | Sending data | SELECT DISTINCT pid_product, pl.name pname, cl.name cname, cl.link_rewrite crewrite, pl.link_rewrit |

| 277417 | giasemis_sbay | localhost | giasemis_sbay | Query | 3120 | Sending data | SELECT p.*, pl.`description_short`, pl.`available_now`, pl.`available_later`, pl.`link_rewrite`, pl. |

| 285128 | giasemis_sbay | localhost | giasemis_sbay | Query | 1040 | Sending data | SELECT p.*, pl.`description_short`, pl.`available_now`, pl.`available_later`, pl.`link_rewrite`, pl. |

| 285129 | giasemis_sbay | localhost | giasemis_sbay | Query | 1040 | Sending data | SELECT p.*, pl.`description_short`, pl.`available_now`, pl.`available_later`, pl.`link_rewrite`, pl. |

| 285130 | giasemis_sbay | localhost | giasemis_sbay | Query | 1040 | Sending data | SELECT p.*, pl.`description_short`, pl.`available_now`, pl.`available_later`, pl.`link_rewrite`, pl. |

| 287070 | giasemis_sbay | localhost | giasemis_sbay | Query | 562 | Sending data | SELECT p.*, pl.`description_short`, pl.`available_now`, pl.`available_later`, pl.`link_rewrite`, pl |