URGENT help please!

heaventherapy

Hi

I tried to upgrade our online store to version 1.5 without success last night due to some database errors (fields not indexed and missing fields etc) and then tryed to roll back the installation, and it has all gone horribly wrong.

I now have a database which I'm not sure what version it should be ran on and after many times of re-installing, I really need some help to get the store back online

Can anyone help please???

thanks

Craig

Edited by heaventherapy (see edit history)

Hi

I tried to upgrade our online store to version 1.5 without success last night due to some database errors (fields not indexed and missing fields etc) and then tryed to roll back the installation, and it has all gone horribly wrong.

I now have a database which I'm not sure what version it should be ran on and after many times of re-installing, I really need some help to get the store back online

Can anyone help please???

thanks

Craig

have you got some backups?

Hi

Back up for the database or site?

Thanks

C

both for site and for database.

You can create new database and try to import backuped sql file to it and change database settings in configuration file with new database (user,password,database). I fear, however, that may be a problem with the files of the old version of the store...

Edited by vekia (see edit history)

OK, if I install version 1.5 whats the chances of getting the database information (customer details, products etc) into the new install?

in my opinion a better solution would be to place the shop back to the older version of PrestaShop. In fact, copy the database from SQL file (old version) to the new one PS (1.5) is almost impossible, unless a large amount of work.

bellini13's question is the most important. If you have backup of the database & files from your previous version, all can be retruned to the original state and then you can try upgrade it with copied database and file-system, until all is done successfully.

Never upgrade the distribution directly on your live site. Do it in a separate folder with duplicated database, and when you're sure that everything is ok setup that copy as a live site.

SO you think i should re-install V1.4.7 re-link the database as I tried that before and I couldn't login to the BO

it's because you must change the SALT in settings file to the old one. It means that you must change the COOKIE_KEY value in new installation settings file. You can also reset password. Here is a tutorial how to do that: http://mypresta.eu/en/art/security/reset-prestashop-admin-password.html

But what with products?

I'm just uploading the files and structure again (to have a blank new store)

is the cookie_key in settings.inc.php?

yes it is there.

define('_COOKIE_KEY_', 'ccGgVVey0YMuTzkN2emjJru5fwNpEJ9V272ZHGkgIHKzsAA22GkYA6Ek');

bolded red string is an SALT which is added before your password string and coded together. Change this to the value from old settings.inc.php file