Orders not appearing in back office.

Hi All,

I am using PrestaShop™ 1.4.6.2 and all has been well.

Just recently I have noticed that some orders are not appearing in the back office, but are appearing in Paypal. It seems to happen on some but not all orders. I have not changed anything recently, but it is causing huge problems for me. Most orders are fine.

can anyone advise on why this is happening or a way I can find out why it is happening?

hello everyone,

I have confirmed that this is a PS / PayPal commincation error, but I'm not sure at what point it actually falls down.

Bascially I went to search for a missing order this evening. It shows under the customer as a failed order, but not in the orders list.

When you open it from the customer card, it appears as a normal order but with the status as 'Authorization accepted from Paypal'

When you change the status to 'Payment accepted' the order appears in the orders list.

Can someone please help with this. Is it a PS or PayPal error? As it's happened with WorldPay also, I suggest PS

The bug is already here in the new 3.1.2 version of paypal, I've tried to the svn version of paypal same thing!

I'm totally bothered, I can't delivered my customer order because I don't know what had they order ? Especially if they empty their cart.

I've check all my log (mysql and apache), no errors about this, I receive successfully the IPN from paypal. The problem seems to appear only when they're paying as instant payment, with their own account, all is ok !

Anyone has an idea ?

Edited by keysen (see edit history)

I have come to the conclusion that Prestashop don't read this forum all that much, they rely on the community to help. If you want proper help you either have to pay a developer or their support team which costs a fortune.

It's a nightmare. All I want is for my site is to work properly! I think 1.5 would solve loads of my current issues if I could get it to work properly but there have been so many changes....

Hey,

We need help from paypal at first !They are never here when we have troubles...

Read this page please : http://www.presto-ch...paypal-problems ; its only an informative page.

For information when paypal validates the payment , they call the modules/paypal/validation.php , in this step, it writes all payment informations in data base.Check if this file has the good permissions.You can check log errors in your server.

Good luck mates !

Edited by xlynx (see edit history)

Hello, thank you for the thread. I would definitely try and turn on the errors. If none, then try Presto-Changeos suggestion might work if you are comfortable with changing the code. Make sure you back up the necessary files. Try and re-install the PayPal module, or a different version. I hope that helps to get a little more information. Thanks again! and sorry for the late reply on this one.

This is not the issue. The site has been working with no problems or changes for sometime. Most transactions go through - but just recently some are not as appears to the case with others now.

@Benjamin - You suggest try a later version of the Paypal module - but I see I whole heap of threads relating to the the latest module not working. Two - what has changed to make the current version I am using not work??? So back to my original question what should I be doing? I am fearful that using the latest version will stop me trading all together.

I am happy to try the swift mailer fix - but where do I get this file? Again though, why is it suddenly happening when it has been fine?

@Twinkles

What you describe is exactly what happened to me - been running v1.6.2 with PayPal 2.8.5 since both were released (months) without any problems then, about a week ago, I started to get the problem you describe - random orders (one or two a day) not showing up etc. but most went through as normal. I posted a bug report after getting no response to the above forum thread and phrasespot pointed me to another bug report which had the solution I described. Since then all orders have gone through correctly. Perhaps this is not your problem but seems like too much of a coincidence to me. Why did it suddenly start to happen? Who knows!

To download the latest Swift Mailer Library:

Go to the main prestashop download page. Under where it says "Check out useful resources and downloads" click PrestaShop v1.4.9. Locate the directory tools/swift. Delete your version of this directory and copy over the new one via ftp.

Good luck!

Oh and I wouldn't touch the latest PayPal module with a bargepole! Have you seen all the forum posts about it?

Edited by pel024 (see edit history)
  • Like 2

I am agree with pel024 as I have exactly the same issues. The coincidence is just to much! I've been running 1.4.6.2 and 2.8.7 ever since they were released. Somewhere I picked up that 1.4.9 cured alot of issues like this but I can't get 1.4.9 installed as my theme is not compatible so decided to wait for 1.5 instead!

PayPal current version doesn't even work with PS version 1.5!

OK I have made the changes to the swift/tools as suggested - I will monitor to see what happens - I appreciate the support - and will post an update.

As for the lastest Paypal - I agree - what frustrates me the PS moderator suggested I try a different version of the Paypal module - yet I have read soooo many threads about the latest version read your own forums!

OK I have made the changes to the swift/tools as suggested - I will monitor to see what happens - I appreciate the support - and will post an update.

As for the lastest Paypal - I agree - what frustrates me the PS moderator suggested I try a different version of the Paypal module - yet I have read soooo many threads about the latest version - dam - read your own forums!

Hello Twinkles,

Thanks for the message. However, I do want to point out that using a different version could mean downgrading, which is actually what I was implying. I'm sorry for not making it clear enough to you. The new PayPal version is also working in many stores as we speak. We are working hard to improve PrestaShop everyday.

Regards,

Benjamin

• 1 month later...

Hello everybody,

I also have a payed order through iDeal and not showing in my orders.

I asked my client to order again after first refunding the client.

The second time it also went wrong?

Today I had a new order from a different client whicht went ok again.

Where is the problem in?

In my DB there is no order what so ever.