slider module going vertical instead of horizontal

hello labrealifestyle

Maybe a long shot but how many products do you have set within the settings for the carousel? I was just thinking maybe it might be a setting like only 3 in there but you've more than that. Just a thought so you could check it

Just tried that and it didn't work, thanks though!

Good morning,

I'm no expert but it looks like a settings problem.

Have you gone to Back Office > Modules > Front Office Features click on the module in question > Configure and looked to see if it can slide Vertically and Horizontally

Hope this helps

Paul

Good morning,

I'm no expert but it looks like a settings problem.

Have you gone to Back Office > Modules > Front Office Features click on the module in question > Configure and looked to see if it can slide Vertically and Horizontally

Hope this helps

Paul

There isn't anything like that in the module, thanks thoough. I am pretty sure it is an error though...

Add this to your global.css file

ul.homecarruselhome li {display:inline;}

is there any specific place in the global.css i should add this at? I added it but it didnt change anything...

Good Morning,

I'm assuming DesignHaus42 is asking that you scroll down your Global CSS file until you see the module and enter the code there

Paul

There isn't any code in there like that...

Hey,

Try this too ,

The css file of your module is clases.css : /store/modules/blockhomeslideshow/simple.carousel.0.3/clases.css

Add what DesignHaus42 tell you : ul.homecarruselhome li {display:inline;}

This didn't work either

thanks for the help guys

The files attached files are only for a local test !Your css rules are ok , its probably a script problem .

Uncomment then this line like before : /*margin-top: -76px;*/, its needed for the server .

I uploaded this carousel on my server, and it runs, i will see what i can do for you .

be patient :-)

The files attached files are only for a local test !Your css rules are ok , its probably a script problem .

Uncomment then this line like before : /*margin-top: -76px;*/, its needed for the server .

I uploaded this carousel on my server, and it runs, i will see what i can do for you .

be patient :-)

thanks for you help, I appreciate it...

I have debugging your page, and find that there is multiple $('document').ready( function() ;

When disabling the one from the search script, your carousel runs as well.

<script type="text/javascript">

// <![CDATA[

$('document').ready( function() {

$("#search_query_top")

.autocomplete(

'http://bescrubs.com/store/search', {

minChars: 3,

max: 10,

I need only to find the solution to permit multiple $('document').ready( function() without conflict .

later!

I have debugging your page, and find that there is multiple $('document').ready( function() ;

When disabling the one from the search script, your carousel runs as well.

// <![CDATA[

$('document').ready( function() {

$("#search_query_top")

.autocomplete(

'http://bescrubs.com/store/search', {

minChars: 3,

max: 10,

I need only to find the solution to permit multiple $('document').ready( function() without conflict .

later!

So I should remove that code and if so where would I find it at? Would that make the search not work anymore?

Don't touch to this code , lets like it is , this function is needed .

The function in the script of your carousel must be written in an other way to run .

I have used an other function, but it will be in conflict with your slideshow xD

Hope it will be fixed soon ...

Good night ZZzzzZzz

Hello,

Your problem make me crazy xD , i looked for in dev forums , cause its a javascript problem , jquery acceptes multiple (document).ready(function() with other syntaxes but it fails, touching to the search is a bad choice.

I am sorry to not help you more ;-( , but you find an attached file for a carousel "MGC-Home-Products-Carousel-1.4" , i tested it on presta1.4.8.2 , and runs good for me,

make a local test before using it, you have to change your style , and position....

Good luck dude

homecarousel.zip

homecarousel.zip

• Like 1

Hello,

Your problem make me crazy xD , i looked for in dev forums , cause its a javascript problem , jquery acceptes multiple (document).ready(function() with other syntaxes but it fails, touching to the search is a bad choice.

I am sorry to not help you more ;-( , but you find an attached file for a carousel "MGC-Home-Products-Carousel-1.4" , i tested it on presta1.4.8.2 , and runs good for me,

make a local test before using it, you have to change your style , and position....

Good luck dude

Thanks for all your help, but I have 1 final question for you. I realized when I moved the search function under the carousel that the carousel works. So how could I move the search to the sidebar?

Hey man,

Ok i found the solution :

-Open your simple_carousel.tpl (template file) or something like that.

-Find this lines :

jQuery(document).ready(function() {

// example 1

$("ul.carruselhome").simplecarousel({

width:200,

height:145,

visible: 4,

auto: 8000,

fade: 600,

next: $('.next'),

prev: $('.prev')

});

});

</script>

-Change this line : jQuery(document).ready(function()

to

jQuery(window).load(function()

-Don't forget to force compile

Hope it will run for you :-)

Best

Edited by xlynx (see edit history)

Hey man,

Ok i found the solution :

-Open your simple_carousel.tpl (template file) or something like that.

-Find this lines :

jQuery(document).ready(function() {

// example 1

$("ul.carruselhome").simplecarousel({

width:200,

height:145,

visible: 4,

auto: 8000,

fade: 600,

next: $('.next'),

prev: $('.prev')

});

});

</script>

-Change this line : jQuery(document).ready(function()

to

jQuery(window).load(function()

-Don't forget to force compile

Hope it will run for you :-)

Best

Thanks man, it works perfect now! Appreciate all your help!

• 1 month later...

Hi everybody,

I have the same probleme, my sliders are going vertical instead of horizontal.

I'm under prestashop 1.5 locally installed, i tried a lot of slider modules but still the same probleme.

I tried all your advices in this topic, but nothing works.

Can somebody help me, i will realy appreciate

Thanks

• 1 month later...

I had the same problem vertical slide problem while using the theme template "Style". The default theme didn't have the same issue, so I knew the problem was in the Style theme template files. Since the theme template developer was unresponsive, I spent a very long time trying everything anyone had mentioned in all the forum topics and from many other places on the web. Here's what finally worked for me

in the file treeManagement.js (for me this file is located is in the directory \themes\style\js\tools\treeManagement.js at line 46. It may be at a different location in your theme)

replace this line

console.log($.browser.msie + '=' + $.browser.version);

with the following line

if ($.browser.msie) {console = { log: function(msg) {alert('Debug: '+msg);} [spam-filter];

exit from Internet Explorer and then restart Internet Explorer before trying your homepage again.

Thanks to Andy's blog for the fix!!!

The fix is discussed here: http://atulley.wordpress.com/2012/10/11/preventing-calls-to-console-log-throwing-errors-in-ie/