Paypal module 3.0.9 - Fails on final step - IPN problem?

RST

Hi!

I'm using the latest version of Paypal module (3.0.9) on a shop with v1.4.8.

I'm trying to configure it with an UK-PRO account (as, though the comments form of the module, they told me it should work fine) and everything seems to be ok, but it fails at the final step and I can't find why!

I have modified the iframe layout converting it on an external button (just deleting the iframe and adding the submit button, as the Paypal guide does) because I prefer an 100% external solution.

At the moment, this is how the system works:

- User goes to the final step (5) and clicks "pay with Paypal"

- New window with custom layout appears, all the customer details and cart price are passed and showing correctly

- Customer pays the products normally, credit card or paypal account. I also have tested with both normal and sandbox environment with the same positive results.

- Confirmation screen appears and payment is correctly collected by Paypal (I can see it on the Paypal website). This screen (attached) also shows correctly the information.

But now the problems start:

- Payment is not sent to the backoffice

- Return url (the default one in the module) is not correct, and show an error 301 (ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS)

I have tried different solutions, but nothing changed:

- Modified the permissions (modules and paypal folders etc) to 755

- I have created an independent payment button following the Paypal guide. The same... it passes the data ok, payment ok, no confirmation in page

- I asked to my hosting company, ports 80 and 443 have the connections allowed

- I tried with Express Checkout. As it confirms the payment on PS, it works fine.

Has anyone run into the same problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated!! :)

post-370234-0-35305400-1345757896_thumb.png

Edited by RST (see edit history)

What version of ps are you using? One thing I know is the way they are rolling the modules out for version 1.5, some of the newer ones are not compatible with some of the older versions of 1.4. Specifically the jquery that ships with the ps version is not compatible the version that the module uses.

Edited by DesignHaus42 (see edit history)

I posted the error in my original topic... but the smart guy who merged the two topics (since they were about the same issue), just deleted the original one ._. Chrome says something like "got stuck in an infinite redirection loop". I guess it's something in the submit.php file, where there are some header redirections.

Same problem here I think and I just reluctantly upgraded my whole PS installation to 1.4.9 thinking that would fix it!

With Pro option, payment is taken by PayPal and transaction details posted, but no order is processed and item remains in cart. No sign of 3D Secure either?

With PayPal option, return URL is wrong.

With Express Checkout, it fails completely – clicking "continue" on PayPal page does nothing.

Does all seem like maybe some sort of URL issue?

Edited by goosedesign (see edit history)