uploading images via csv

Hello,

I'm slowly figuring out how to use the import function with images. One matter that I am concerned with is how PS renames the images I have uploaded. It looks like it renames it based on a product's ID and the size (home, large, medium, small, thickbox). For example, if I upload a picture named 123.jpg that has an ID of "2", PS will return:

2.jpg

2-home.jpg

2-large.jpg

etc.

What can I do to add in more information to the re-name? For example, what if I wanted it to rename the original to ID-ORIGINAL FILE NAME-SIZE (e.g. 2-123-home.jpg)?

Any thoughts and comments are appreciated.

Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...

Same here. Are you using 1.5? I am, currently 1.5.0.15

After having put an image file 1-2.jpg (and its other sized files) in my image-directory: /img/p/1-2.jpg

I have tried the following values in column Image URLs (x,y,z,...):

http://demo.tieka.nl/prestashop_underfashion15/img/p/1-2.jpg -> Warning: Product n°1: the picture cannot be saved:

../img/p/1-2.jpg -> Warning: Product n°1: the picture cannot be saved:

/img/p/1-2.jpg -> Warning: Product n°1: the picture cannot be saved:

/p/1-2.jpg -> Warning: Product n°1: the picture cannot be saved:

When you upload the csv-file and tick "delete all products" then the images get deleted from img/p too.

What we both want:

- upload images using ftp

- upload the products including the reference to the images.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

Best regards,

Tim van Steenbergen

1-2.jpg -> Warning: Product n°1: the picture cannot be saved:

• 1 month later...

I am having the same issue. Did you manage to fix this, as i am having no response on my topic.

Everything uploads fine via the import CSV apart from the product images.

I am trying to upload the images from my old ecommerce website.

It throws back an error saying:

Product n°001 the picture cannot be saved: http://www.myexternalurl.com/images/product.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I am not able to upload product images, but I'm not getting an error message. All the product info uploads fine, and the categories, subcategories and their images are all uploading ok, just no product images.

I have using the same images (same link, same file location on the server) for the products that worked for the categories, but when they are designated for a product, they don't upload.

I have created an imgimport file within the public_hmtl directory as well some other names. Is this the right place to upload images? Someone told me I should put them in the existing upload folder, but their descriptive name turned into a series of letters and numbers.

I don't understand what I'm doing wrong.

I did check the File permissions on Cyberduck, but I have forgotten how to get to the numbers that describe them. These were just words describing the permissions.

Any help will be very much appreciated!

• 5 months later...

Listed below are 6 of the 7 posts you have made in these forums.

Since you are so dissatisfied with the forums, my suggestion is that you adopt an alternative route and take out a support package with Prestashop.

Either that, or start being constructive.

yea tons of people having this issue and support is no where to be found on any of these pages....... sure are doing a lot of good here

one million threads like this, support answers/replies = 0

Tried with no luck, that the githud edits, the php.ini, rewriting the img path, setting permissions to 777, looking at year old posts, nothing works and good luck on finidng a post from support!!!!!

Yea same exact problem here, attmepted to use the adminimportcontroller.php that was uploaded and it will not load the import page, i had to revert to the old semi working better one. IM USING 1.5.4.1  and this is driving me insane. I have spent hours here messing with code (tried both github solutions) Im really just about ready to give up on this cart and move on....... really nice this continues to go and and the moderators havent responded to this post <_>

Same problem here, this is the second problem I am having that I also found other memebers on the forums have had without getting an answer to their original message for months (the last one was almost a year old)

Hate to bump an old thread but noticed noone had answered here and now im having the same exact problem. Only three payment modules are showing (just as his image shows) only difference is im running 1.5.4.1

There are a ton of people having the same exact issue, if you look at the threads I was posting on there were no answers from support. "start being constructive." really liked this part considering how constructive that comment was :) As for the support package, I did look into this. I didnt like the idea though considering there are issues people are having to code solutions themselves (githud image import issue) Now that being said I must say I do regret the decision to post on three threads regarding the picture not importing issue, however after hours of trying different things and going over a ton of post of people with the same issue (some dating back a year) I let my frustration get the best of me.

Edited by OneStopPipeShop.com (see edit history)