Back Office Module Documentation

mheath5440

Hi,

I'm writing a BO module to export orders in a particular HTML format. I managed to create the module and get it to appear on the tabs and display a piece of text by using display().

Is there any documentation on creating BO modules and using the superclass methods such as displayForm()? If I try and call the super displayForm() from within my own displayForm() method nothing happens:

<?php

include_once( PS_ADMIN_DIR.'/../classes/AdminTab.php');

class AdminOrderExport extends AdminTab{

public function __construct(){

$this->table = 'order';

$this->className = 'OrderExport';

parent::__construct();

}

public function displayForm(){

parent::displayForm();

}

public function display(){

echo '<div>Test</div>';

$this->displayForm();

}

}

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, I've been through the documents...what they are lacking is how specific features of back office modules work such as:

- once the tab has been created with the display() method, how do you call methods from your form submits? What files/classes should be used? Does it call back to the same class?

Really need a basis of how the architecture for back office modules work and I can't find anything.

Thanks, I've been through the documents...what they are lacking is how specific features of back office modules work such as:

- once the tab has been created with the display() method, how do you call methods from your form submits? What files/classes should be used? Does it call back to the same class?

Really need a basis of how the architecture for back office modules work and I can't find anything.

In that case, you may want to take a look at our Physical Data Model.

-Mike

That is very useful Mike, but for example: how can we change what goes into the message from the order? (I am assuming that is the email that goes out to the client). I can see in the database what can be changed, or associate another table to that but not sure where I we can inject or caputre a core action.

Edited by aaragus (see edit history)