UPS Carrier

nelsontactical

In my general settings I have: UPS Next Day Air, UPS Second Day Air, and UPS Ground. I have items that are not allowed to be shipped UPS ground. Natrually I go into Categories settings and choose Second Day and Next Day only. When I refresh and try to place an order UPS Ground is a viable option in the product category I DO NOT want to have available. Is there something I am doing wrong?

It seems that if I disable all in general it disables UPS completely and when I have the 3 services mentioned above it seems to ignore the category settings.

After resetting the module, I set up a rule for the category I wish not to ship ground. and it still shows ground as an option. I will try to get a little more granular to see if any rules apply.

So for right now it behaves as it did before, meaning that it seems to be ignoring the category rules.

• 2 weeks later...

I have had a breakthrough! It seems that upscarrier needs to match more than just a wide category. For Example Home > Shop by category > Pistols, will not apply the category rule to all pistols. I need to break it down further to include separate rules for all the calibers and brands.I went from having 1 rule to eliminate UPS ground for pistols to about 20 rules that include caliber and brand.