Upgrading my site Question

Hello everyone and hope all is having a good day.

I currently use 1.4.5.1 and I would like to know what is best to upgrade to. I would love to hear everyone's experience if possible

I have been building my site for a long time and would like to know which version is best.

Thank you very much

Clayton

"if it ain't broke, don't fix it" is a good approach.

I have used v1.4.6.2 and v1.4.8.2 and for me they work well, however each person have their own unique experiences.

Do you have any known issues you are trying to resolve? Have you reviewed the change logs to see if any new features have been introduced that you want?

No I do not have any issues right now that is major. My speed is great, saw some issues that needed to be fixed like php security? Would this be fixed in my version already I have been building the site since November last year. I am the owner of the company and want to know what's best. The only issues I see so far is the meta titles do not override the manuf, name but not sure if that's a issue or not seeing I posted about it and no one replied.

I see the change logs now. My site isn't live so not sure if anything is broken my designer said he would update it before he started his design to fix any issues that's been fixed from when I started but not sure if that's best or not.

Edited by clayton29657 (see edit history)

Hey bellini13

Can you tell me what the issues are with the block category module I keep hearing about there's a huge glitch with it slowing sites down in 1.4.8.2

If you have heard about it has that been fixed you know of? I appreciate your help in answering a couple questions regarding this or even if I need my designer to upgrade before he designs a new theme

This thread has the topic you are referring too. Aswinc has posted some code changes that he believes resolves the issue.

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/176681-slow-blockcategoriestpl/

i do not use the block category module, since I use a top menu instead. I also do not have a lot of products where the issue would present itself to my site. I suspect the version you are using has the same issue.

yes I was referring to that forum post. I use the top menu as well but I want to create a bread crumb to only show sub-categories and 2nd subs. No my version works great and I am just wondering if my designer upgrades then we start to have issues with speed how hard would it be to switch it back to my original version.