Multiple EAN13

• 4 weeks later...

I'm sorry Tuk66, but one product can have as many EANs as needed, mostly depending on the country code, therefore there is almost one EAN for each country where the product is going to be sell.

Each EAN number will only belongs to the same single product, no other product can have the same EAN.

@Totti, you should only use one EAN number, the EAN for your country, you don't need to add all EANs to the products.

I hope this helps.

I think that EAN code is company depending. Companies register EAN codes for their products. So if exists several daughter companies, one in every country, EAN codes are different in other countries.

So one company have to have only one EAN code for a product and there would be several different EAN codes for one product, of course.

• Sad 1

Is it acceptable for you to create product attributes for different EAN13's? If you would have problems with not-displaying them in front-end or using countries for this, hire a developer to fix it. Because it is not possible by presta itself, i think.

• 4 years later...

There is many articles with eans duplicated. If you begin to work with amazon marketplace you are going to finish crazy with eans, because your eans aren't going to be the same that another suppliers published in the product info. Sometimes they stole you barcodes or make strange combinations. It's really crazy

Too you are going to have difficults if you work with a POS or to search products by ean.

Prestashop don't work right with it, for example they use as diferente UPC and EAN but EAN = 0+UPC

I created a new field where I save all eans I have, and the first is the one I sent to Prestashop. So I have in my POS can search for any EAN and in prestashop I show and link for my prefered EAN for example to sync with amazon.

Sorry for my poor English. I speak Spanish

Edited by granilusion (see edit history)
  • Like 2