Security leak from site on PS 1.4.7. Please help me fix it.

peanut

Hi

I was recently made aware that important data is being leaked from my PS 1.4.7 store and if I do a view source I can view all important back office data like my module information, wholesale price info etc.

I really am worried about this.

Please tell me how to stop this from happening?

Thanks

Edited by peanut (see edit history)

Hi

Someone from the forums here was on the site and said my configuration was leaking information to search engines and when I did a right click view source, I was able to see a host of information like my Google Analytics code, some info on the wholesale price.

I'm not sure what that person saw or meant, he left a comment via Facebook.

I got the ccavenue module from the forums here.

Edited by peanut (see edit history)

Hi elpatron,

thanks for looking, the page I posted doesn't show any wholesale price info perhaps I understood wrong. I don't know what the issue is then that the gentleman mentioned.

Is it normal to have my Facebook app id etc info publicly viewable? Do you think my site content is secure? I don't even know what does information leak to search engines mean.

Thanks, I just panicked after I got his message.

Hi elpatron,

thanks for looking, the page I posted doesn't show any wholesale price info perhaps I understood wrong. I don't know what the issue is then that the gentleman mentioned.

Is it normal to have my Facebook app id etc info publicly viewable? Do you think my site content is secure? I don't even know what does information leak to search engines mean.

Thanks, I just panicked after I got his message.

I would follow up with the person who reported this as an issue to get exact info on what they felt was insecure data. As for the facebook id...I can't say as I have no experience with that but after doing a couple searched, the facebook id would be similar to the google id...public

I would follow up with the person who reported this as an issue to get exact info on what they felt was insecure data. As for the facebook id...I can't say as I have no experience with that but after doing a couple searched, the facebook id would be similar to the google id...public

Thanks elpatron, I did ask but now I don't see his comment anymore so don't know what else to do! I just hope it's not something critical.