Showing Off My 1st PS Site

A couple months ago, I decided to use a dedicated ecommerce solution for my [spam-filter]'s gift shop instead of Joomla, which I develop for. I reviewed many solutions and decided on PrestaShop for my new platform.

After much hair-pulling, drinking from the firehose, and a lot of help from these forums, I am proud to present my first PrestaShop child.

Without further ado, I give you

Birdbrain Gifts

www.birdbraingifts.com

Special thanks to all those who replied to my ceaseless questions and gave me the clues and crumbs to get this out the door.

Edited by SuperCharlie (see edit history)

Congratulations! Very smart looking site! Love the concept, the products and the logo! All the best to you, your [spam-filter] and the parrots - a fantastic job, well done..... No advice to give, just very impressed!

Wendy ☺

• Like 1

Thanks elpatron :) It has been a long road and still so much to do lol.

keeps out minds a little sharper...funny story...I live up in the Andes 'Colombia' (most of the year, now in Spain)..Colombia has more bird species than anyplace in the world (863)..so I thought I'd buy some parrot food...the good stuff..dried fruits/nuts etc...paid a small fortune for a 1 kilo bag...proudly placed it in front of the house...not one bird EVER paid attention to it...jajajajajaja....

best of luck!

• Like 1

elpatron..I would love to see all the birds you have there.. I bet they are spectacular! And funny enough, we buy some pretty cheap bird food..mostly seeds, 10lb bag for like $7 to feed the outside birds and they swarm the place. At least till the squirrels find the stuff..and then over night the raccoons clean up whats left..and we start over the next day.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

It took a while for the site to load (UK, 256kps broadband) maybe 5 seconds, and then a few more seconds for the main slider to appear.

I think you've taken up too much of prime real estate with the text and should get straight to the products.

But overall I liked the site it was pleaseant.